Transmission bang!

haernt

Might be your rear output sensor by your description. I paid almost 800 to have it done but if you are any good at DIY you can do it yourself from information I have received. I bet it is the sensor. Hard clunk into gear then you push the gas and all it does if rev up a bit then slowly start to move.. Did I describe your issue? If so the sensor is most likely your culprit.

07 here, I'm experiencing the hard shift bang problem as well. Then one day it would barely pull itself around in a parking lot. I checked the tranny fluid and it was scorched looking. This was around 108k miles. At about 60k I had asked the dealership about changing the tranny fluid and filter, shop guy said aww we don't touch those until 150k, now I got problems. You would think that in a sealed unit where there is no pan and filter, only screen, they would recommend changing fluid more often and not less often.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I may of solved my problem. My transmission needed one Qt of fluid. I thought the Edge was like my wifes mustang that has no dip stick for checking the trans fluid level it is 100,000 fluid. I have not had any problems since. It does not leak and there is no signs of drips.

Hello.....I have a 2011 that I bought new and now have 104,000 miles on it without anything major. BUT from almost day one, i have had the transmission BANG. I've taken it in that the dealer never can find anything wrong. Just this evening, I was installing a new battery and happened upon the transmission fluid check and fill. I pulled it out and there was only a tiny drop of red transmission fluid on the bottom tip of the check cable/tip. From Advance Auto, I bought a quart of Fort ATV Mercon LV fluid and plan to put some in next week. I am thinking that this might be the BANG problem. Sort of makes sense.....my BANG is usually under no load....coasting....then just when it downshifts from 2 to 1....if I decide to accelerate....even lightly...BANG. Low on fluid could cause clutch packs to not build pressure properly and BANG. I look forward to putting in some fluid. My BANG only happens every once in a few months....so it may be a while before I can determine if this fixed it. Although.....I find myself not accelerating about the time of the 2 to 1 downshift. Good Luck everyone.

1) 100K miles is too long for a transmission fluid change. Period! Get it flushed. Here is why.

Hello.....I have a 2011 that I bought new and now have 104,000 miles on it without anything major. BUT from almost day one, i have had the transmission BANG. I've taken it in that the dealer never can find anything wrong. Just this evening, I was installing a new battery and happened upon the transmission fluid check and fill. I pulled it out and there was only a tiny drop of red transmission fluid on the bottom tip of the check cable/tip. From Advance Auto, I bought a quart of Fort ATV Mercon LV fluid and plan to put some in next week. I am thinking that this might be the BANG problem. Sort of makes sense.....my BANG is usually under no load....coasting....then just when it downshifts from 2 to 1....if I decide to accelerate....even lightly...BANG. Low on fluid could cause clutch packs to not build pressure properly and BANG. I look forward to putting in some fluid. My BANG only happens every once in a few months....so it may be a while before I can determine if this fixed it. Although.....I find myself not accelerating about the time of the 2 to 1 downshift. Good Luck everyone.

• Like 1