• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

180,000 mile tune up approaching. I will be replacing the coils, PCV and breather tube connectors, spark plugs, Upstream and down stream O2 sensors, Intake upper plenum gasket, TB gasket and cleaning everything as I go.

So far status on the AEM air filter is approaching 80,000 miles and untouched. This means I have never cleaned or replaced the AEM filter. No noted affects and the Filter Minder is still at 50 percent (yellow zone)

• Like 1

Isn't this just sweet. Checking out Blueberry and coolant temps and observed again some high temps on interstate of about 200 degrees. I then compared my Edge Lullubelle and the temps of 190 degrees on the interstate. Further comparison on my Forscanlite revealed that the CHT (cylinder Head Temp) voltage on Blueberry is running wide open at 3.50 volts at 200 degrees and Lullubelle is running 190 degrees at .61 volts. Comparisons of other Edge's with the 3.5 revealed similar voltages of the CHT to be comparable at operating temp of .60 volts.

Thus I am quickly determining I have a failing or failed CHT sensor on Blueberry. The sucky part is I just changed the sparkplugs and literally was half way to the job if I had known the CHT was bad I would have continued to remove the lower intake and fuel rail and just replaced the CHT at the same time.

Mac, if the voltage is out of range, shouldn't it prompt an error code?

Omar

Yes it would. I am chasing this down as it was not really an Apples to Apples comparison. I was experimenting with another device on wifi and I may have stumbled upon an issue with the new device. I retested this morning on both Edge's at cold start up on my OBDLINKS MX and both provided exactly the same reading. I will test out the ELM327 wifi on my run this morning and determine if it is not working or reading data the same way. Both voltages dropped nearly identical at cold start up this morning and all pids read nearly equal as they can with one Edge having nearly 100K miles more on it there will be minor differences.

Continuing to monitor the CHT, seems to be there may be some human error on my part, when switching devices. Latest drives have been reading just as they are supposed to. Testing new devices can create all sorts of interesting readings until you learn what is going on.

• Like 1