You only have 1,353.7 miles & 24H & 24 minutes on trip 2 ;)

I basically do what you do macbwt, but i usually change the pump speed to the slowest setting towards the end of the 1st fill before the 1st click. I then let it rest a few more moments, maybe 15-20 seconds between clicks. Each station is different, so you have to kinda pay attention depending on where you're at.

• Like 2

You only have 1,353.7 miles & 24H & 24 minutes on trip 2 ;)

I basically do what you do macbwt, but i usually change the pump speed to the slowest setting towards the end of the 1st fill before the 1st click. I then let it rest a few more moments, maybe 15-20 seconds between clicks. Each station is different, so you have to kinda pay attention depending on where you're at.

Actually the numbers for several have rolled over. The numbers are based on a reset from the last oil change.

11,353.7 miles

224:24 hrs

So I am currently well past the oil life monitor reset also.

I will test the oil at 250hrs and based on the testing decide to change it or go another 50 hours

• Like 1

So the hour meter resets after 100 hours? I know that the trip meter will continue to roll as I've seen some with pretty much the factory mileage, not on an edge though.

The miles on the trip will roll over at 9999.9

I have not rolled the gallons, but I am sure it resets at 999.9 gallons

• Like 1

2011 Edge the wife drives has now completely worn out the rear pads and most likely now nearly metal on metal. I was hoping the pads would make it to the spring, but alas no such luck. Winter brake work this weekend. All fun. Going to install the Duralast Gold rotors and Cmax ceramic pads on the rears. Once done I will have a long time to go before new brakes on this Edge.

• Like 1

Nearly 15,000 miles on the oil since the last change to I will be draining the AMSOIL and replacing the AMSOIL filter. Then sending samples off to be tested. One note is I was down 1 qt over the 15K miles.

I will be adding a fumoto valve to replace the drain plug just to make oil changes and oil sampling much easier.

Today is the day I begin to try out those Michelin Premier LTX tires and can then comment on their performance, handling and durability in the future.

• Like 1

Just some discussion on our future driving and some upcoming videos on the maintenance of an MKX and a Ford Ranger 1997 MY project and the discussion on the news articles about Carbon Monoxide complaints with an explanation of what carbon monoxide is and how it affects you. Dispelling the myths

• Like 1

Mac, nice videos, great as usual. On the exhaust smell issue, Ford does have an issue on the Explorer mainly & to a lesser degree on the Edge/MKX. I had it on my car, it was very clear; A/C on re-circulation, full throttle or hard acceleration (10-20 seconds) and then you start smelling exhaust fumes in the car. Accelerating with the A/C off or with a cracked front window or with A/C on outside air will not cause the smell to come in. I have tested this on open roads with no other traffic to ensure that what I smelled was from MY car as i initially thought it was from others. Ford's issue is that the HVAC actually sucked in the exhaust fumes at a higher rate than acceptable. Even the TSBs for the issue involve reprogramming the HVAC modules in the Explorer & Edge. My guess would be to allow outside air in during hard acceleration. Now I say exhaust smell, because this is what I smell, is it carbon monoxide or not, I don't know. I didn't have a meter, and I will definitely not argue with experts who know better, but it was an annoying issue, and performing the TSB reduced it an acceptable level, just hope the fix lasts.

• Like 2

Mac, nice videos, great as usual. On the exhaust smell issue, Ford does have an issue on the Explorer mainly & to a lesser degree on the Edge/MKX. I had it on my car, it was very clear; A/C on re-circulation, full throttle or hard acceleration (10-20 seconds) and then you start smelling exhaust fumes in the car. Accelerating with the A/C off or with a cracked front window or with A/C on outside air will not cause the smell to come in. I have tested this on open roads with no other traffic to ensure that what I smelled was from MY car as i initially thought it was from others. Ford's issue is that the HVAC actually sucked in the exhaust fumes at a higher rate than acceptable. Even the TSBs for the issue involve reprogramming the HVAC modules in the Explorer & Edge. My guess would be to allow outside air in during hard acceleration. Now I say exhaust smell, because this is what I smell, is it carbon monoxide or not, I don't know. I didn't have a meter, and I will definitely not argue with experts who know better, but it was an annoying issue, and performing the TSB reduced it an acceptable level, just hope the fix lasts.

I agree there is an issue as the courts are deciding. I am just doubting the cops story that he was overcome and passed out. To do that it would have to me massive amounts of carbon monoxide quickly and I doubt the engine in the Explorer is even capable of generating that much CO in such a short time.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...