Mileage has dropped a bit and I am at almost 95K on plugs. Plan on replacing them this weekend, but have another 1k miles to drive yet. I believe you are right because she has been dropping a gear on hills that normally she did not do before. I had this same issue with another vehicle when the plugs were worn I believe I named it Orange Crush, but she went almost 150K on plugs. Guess Lullebelle might be a little more sensitive.

Edited by macbwt

I will say the previous owners were a younger couple, that wanted a limited but it is apparent they could not afford it. The wipers that i replaced were the cheapest wipers you can buy and the Hancook tires!!! Well all I can say about hancook tires is if you want no wet weather traction, no snow traction and a ride equivalent to a dump truck with a cheap price then Hancook tires are the best choice. I doubt they changed the oil until the meter said to change it and the rear brakes were stuck which is why the pads wer worn on one side. No under carriage washing was performed. The transmission fluid was not changed but then again I think every Edge owner believes ford on this issue and will drive it to 150K miles before they change it. Over all I consider this a shake down run despite the miles and will get the maintence up to speed and things replaced.

• Like 1

Ok Folks here is the scenario. Traveling at 75mph hit gas pedal floored and Lullubelle kicked down and hit 5500 rpm and hung. She would not upshift nor gain acceleration and as a matter of fact stumbled at about 80mph to the point that I lost speed then I released the gas peddle and she upshifted. No lights no warnings. Tried again at same speed with same results. lower speeds she will accelerate hard and upshift correctly, but at 75-80mph she chokes. Any ideas? Update maybe needed on flashing the tranny control? The Orange Crush never did this.

I am sure you have this covered, but even the best can miss some simple things, maybe you have the MyKey feature enabled & you hit the MyKey top speed of 80 mph?

• Like 2

I will have to check this out. The level of trim of Lullubelle is about as low as you can go with a limited so I do not think she has Mykey but I will verify this today. That would suck if it does and I do not know the code. I can't drive 80 mph!!

I am sure you have this covered, but even the best can miss some simple things, maybe you have the MyKey feature enabled & you hit the MyKey top speed of 80 mph?

OK since I have tried to access the Mykey in the settings and do not find MYkey or admin in the menu. I am assuming that I have been MYKEY'ed by my wife and can not go faster than 80mph.(She loves me) LOL I guess I will have to get the Admin key from her, but here is the kicker if she did not program it then I am safe to assume I will have to take Lullubelle to the Ford Dealer to reset the mykey and admin key code so that I can disable it. Correct?

Ya, better get those lift struts taken care of! Do you have the Base Message Center or the Optional Message Center? You checked under the Information Menu to see the MyKey/AdminKey status? Will only show if MyKey is programmed, per the manual.

ford-mykey-system-explained-13465_3.jpg

http://www.mattford.com/blog/how-to-program-the-ford-mykey-system/

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I have the MFT but do not see access to Mykey/Admin. From what I understand I will not see that since I have a Mykey and not the Admin key. I will have to check this out with the other key when I get home.

Ya, better get those lift struts taken care of! Do you have the Base Message Center or the Optional Message Center? You checked under the Information Menu to see the MyKey/AdminKey status? Will only show if MyKey is programmed, per the manual.

ford-mykey-system-explained-13465_3.jpg

http://www.mattford.com/blog/how-to-program-the-ford-mykey-system/

This is Monroe's answer to struts for the Ford Edge.

Bill,

Thank you for contacting Tenneco Automotive.

Unfortunately, we do not offer Quick-Struts for this vehicle.

For further questions or assistance, please contact technical assistance at 734-384-7809 M - F 8:30am - 5:30pm EST.

Monroe Team Member,
Elizabeth Auer

For those who want to get Monroe to produce quick struts for the Ford Edge MKX here is the email address

ta-monroetechline@Tenneco.com

Well, that certainly slammed the lid on it! I guess a horde of eager buyers would have to hound them to get a product made!

• Like 1

I checked the other key and I still get no MYKEY options or ADMIN options. Yet it shuts down at 80mph. I guess I will have to take it to the MFT guru to see if something in the program is not activated or the keys are not communicating.

Riddle me this....Dealer Tech could find no evidence that Lullubelle has MYKEY. Yet I switched keys and now I do not have limits on the speed. Swithed back and I have limits on speed at 80mph yet no MYKEY located in the system. Is MYKEY and option on 2011 limiteds? One key is definately restricted and the other key is not and there are no MYKEY or ADMIN choices available.

No spark plug work today. Due to two parts issues. Parts store clerk gave me sp411 plugs when I specifically asked for SP 520 and stated it was a 2011 and not a 2008 ford edge. (I think he refrenced the Orange Crush on this one) The intake gasket is not due until this afternoon so it will be too late to get to the Auto Skills center to do the work. So Saturday again I will be there vice today. Guess I will mow the lawn instead. Yeah!!!

• Like 1

They are the victor renz and I have seen them in the online photo and match what I am looking for. Just returned home with the plugs SP520 and waiting for the gaskets to arrive/be called they arrived.

Other note Blueberry received a transmission flush and the fluid looked pretty good at 76k miles.

Other concern I will address with Lullubelle is the sluggish acceleration. If the plugs do not change the ole girls attitude then I may have to take her in and check the TB as there is a noticable difference in acceleration between the two edges.

Time to go, just received a call the gaskets are in.

I assume I need to find an adapter/connector for my Ipad? What would I be looking for?

If you want, you can run Forscan Lite on iPad/iPhone ($5 I believe), and that will allow you to see the throttle commanded vs actual throttle (via datalogging), among many other fun & interesting things. If you have a Windows phone or tablet, you can run the regular Forscan software.

I am currently using this device, the VGate, that plugs into the OBD port under the dash. Once the key is switched to RUN, it is available to your iDevice to hook up to wirelessly (it will be listed as VLINK) and automatically (no configuration). It polls at an average of 55ms, which is way better than the 125ms I was getting with this PWow adapter. Reliability to be determined.

You'd then start the Forscan Lite software and hit CONNECT to let the software talk to the OBD adapter. Once connected, click on TABLE, and select the PIDs you are interested in (there's a gear-type icon top right). Scroll down the list till you see the ETCxxx PIDs, select each one. Then click on the checkmark icon in the top right corner to finalize your selections. Click on the checkmark icon again to get back to the TABLE listing. You will see the PIDs with no values.

Click on the PLAY icon (bottom left) to start recording. Then the values will be populated on the screen. Hit the STOP icon to stop the recording. Click on the SAVE icon (diskette) to EMail the recording as a CSV to your EMail. Once you connect to a real wireless network, these EMails will be actually sent out.

This is all from memory, so I hope I got the sequence 100% right :) You can scan for error codes and other fun stuff too. If you want to view the streaming data as graph, select the GRAPH option instead of TABLE from the main screen.

• Like 1