Sloshing noise when first starting/driving

briandye

2009 3.5

Recently noticed a "sloshing" type noise when I first start the car. Seems to only happen when it's first started for the day, doesn't happen after its warm, or maybe it does and I can't tell because I'm on the highway (noise) or have the AC on high.

Doesn't seem to happen any other time when its started though even after it's sat for hours and cooled down like when I'm at work 9 to 11 hour shifts typically)

Of course I checked all fluids, and visually looked and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Nothing was low, no fluids mixed, AC, and everything functions like normal. Coolant level still at the line like it should be and raises a bit when it's warm.

Any ideas? Doesn't *seem* to be an issue, just more of an annoyance than anything.

Peter, no its liquid somewhere near the firewall, and edgedout, that may just be the culprit, I haven't looked to see if my AC is dripping under the car. I prefer to do my own work, where might that tube be?

Ill add that to my list today, put new tie rod ends on, rotated my tires, and got an alignment, might as well do some more! lol

I did some searching and found the tube, blew my airgun through it, nothing came out, so it looks like it wasn't clogged. (Verified after a quick Kroger trip with the AC on)

Ill try and remember to pay attention tomorrow morning when I get to work to see if I hear anything. I read in another thread somewhere, someone suggested not to always have it on recirculate, why is that? I always grew up with the idea that "Max AC" was recirc and blew colder/more air, is that not true? What would that have todo with the drain tube?

If anything using recirculate would reduce the amount of condensate because you are running dehumidified and cooled air through the evaporator which would produce less condensate. Sounds like an old wife's tale. My first thought was also the drain tube. If it is you will start getting water on the carpet. Where was the drain tube? Might be a good thing to know.

This little explanation might help to understand when not to use Recirculate:

http://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=1511

I use Recirculate to bring temps down quickly then back to vent mode to keep that fresh air coming in. It gets old & stale quickly inside the cabin with Recirculate mode working fulltime. But then I also drive for a bit after starting with the windows down and fan on high on hot days to let any trapped heat out and the temps equalize before locking myself in the glass cage :) Helps A/C performance and mileage.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W