Hazard warning lights turn on by themselves

hilokamper

Good find Omar. But looks like that one's talking about a 2013 which should already have a real button to replace the sensitive captouch button. Right? Doesn't mean that there still isn't an oxidation issue on the ribbon connector though. I'll have to think diving into that. The ebay seller has already shipped the used one and is only 300 miles away, so I hoping for a Tuesday delivery

got home and went to get the Edge at the airport. Battery dead (flashers were off when I left it there Tuesday). I had jumpers so I jumped it (took 45 minutes for the battery to get enough juice to fire up). But no issues driving home. On the charger overnight so good this morning.

While waiting for my new panel, I decided to try one more thing. I took an alcohol wipe and decided to clean the surface of the captouch switch assuming that 6 years of fingers touching (intentionally or not) might leave some residue that could impact it's characteristics. I couldn't believe how much dark junk was on the wipe when I finished. So today's going to be the test to see if that had any effect. It's clean at least

And since I'm taking it out of town for the weekend, I of course am bringing my charger and my jumper cables as the backup plan :future:

Also wanted to mention my key FOB. Since the battery was dead, I had to pull the real key out of the FOB to unlock the doors. When I inserted the key in the lock and started to turn it, the skinny plastic handle on the key portion disintegrated........... leaving me with a hunk of metal in my hand. Luckily the lock turned easily

now i'm searching for just that portion of the FOB, but looks like it will require cutting a new key too. And it makes me leery of the handle on my second FOB now.......... :banghead:

After the out of town weekend from hell disconnecting the battery multiple times a day (and every night), the salvage Control Panel arrived today (3 days early). :mail:

Installation was easy with the help of that Youtube video I posted earlier. The only thing that I did differently was that I took all the screws out of both panels first, then separated the control panel from the shifter console panel. It was much easier that way. To separate the 2 panels, you pull the whole assembly away from the dash a little, hold the shifter panel and then push the Control Panel towards the dash right at the seam above where the 2 panels meet. 2 clips, one on each side

As a data point, my original 2011 Control Panel label on the part was part number BT-18A802-CL (not even listed on the Ford site), and the 2013 replacement was DT4T-18A802-CB (also not listed)

And the hazard lights are OFF :rant:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

The touch hazard on 2011 Ford Edge doesnt work. The part # for the panel is BT4Z-18842-CA. Is there to replace only the hazrd touch or I assume the entire control panel needs to be replaced.

I read that you replaced your with panel with button as the hazard switch. Can you let me know which is correct panel, because I see a bunch of Sony control panels for the 2011 Edge. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Pedro2u

Wanted to know the outcome of the issue with your hazard lights. I have the same issue with my 2012 Edge that also has the capacitive hazard light switch. I also have the Sony system. I currently have the panel disconnected and hope this will stop the lights coming on. Curious on which replacement with standard switch worked for you or if it did.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just wanted to say thanks! We had the hazard light issue and were quoted $950 for the repair at the dealership. Bought a panel with the actual button for $85 on eBay and installed it in 10 minutes! 

The dealership tried to tell me it wouldn't work without programming but that is NOT  true. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi All, I have exactly the same problem in Ford Edge Limited  2011. Even after disconnecting the control unit including the touch  triangle, the hazard lights didn’t stop. It makes me doubt that even after replacing the control unit the problem might continue. Any suggestions please