Tow package and hitch on 2015 Edge

I went to my dealership and they have a listing for 2" receiver bolts on SEL and Titanium. Sport is going to cut rear valance

+$560

Got the same part price quote from a local body shop.

I need the 1.25" receiver for a bike rack I own that also fits my other car. I cut the rear valance, its just fine.

gallery_44577_17192_10216.jpg

Edited by Picturepro

I don't understand either-I was looking at 2 different Edges before I purchased. One has the hitch on it already but also has equipment group 302A and it was $3000 more than the one without the hitch with group 301A. I didn't want/need all the bells and whistles on 302A so before my purchase I called my local ford dealer and got a price quote for the hitch and install of just under $500. So no brainier, I purchased the cheaper. Once vehicle in hand I called back the dealer to set up appt to install the hitch. That is when I got a the info that they no longer have a factory hitch for the 2015 or newer models (I did tell them it was a 2015 titanium when I got the first price quote). From there I went on to call the other 4 ford dealerships within a 30 mile radius. One just said they sublet that out to Uhaul. 2nd said they could do it for about $2000 give or take bc I would have to buy a new lower bumper and then have that painted. One said its just not available and to get an aftermarket. Then one initially said they could cut the bumper and install the factory hitch for about $1000 so I gave a day to set up appt for that. The service manager then called me back to say it is not available and went into the whole process of ordering a new lower bumper etc.

so the other vehicle I was originally looking at that has a hitch already on it is still available at one of the dealerships-if I would have known this was going to be such a hassle and a factory hitch isn't even avail unless it is put on when it was built I would have just purchased the more expensive Edge. This is why I am so upset-I called about the hitch before my purchase and was given wrong information and now I have to deface my car due to their error.

The dealer in Southern CA that told you it is available probably gave you the same misinformation I got. I need a 2" receiver for my bike rack (and I told then that on initial quote request). I don't want a hitch that hangs down under the car. I want it built in where it is not seen when not in use. If you can get that from your dealer or at a local body shop please tell me the brand and post a pic of what it looks like installed. I will expand my radius today and call other dealers.

Call Levittown Ford in NY. They'll help you research the parts to see what is actually available. A lot of dealers just don't want to mess with something like that.

You should at least be able to buy the bumper cover and have it painted to match and install it yourself.

OTOH I've seen hidden hitches that don't look bad.

• 2 months later...

It's like stability control - prevents the trailer from swaying back and forth.

I don't understand how this works considering the trailer wheels don't drive or brake?

P.S. I found an answer to my other question. Everything in the Trailer Tow Package can be found HERE.

Great link, thanks! And good on Ford for explaining this. I went from thinking "over-priced accessory" to "this is an option I will gladly pay extra for", even though my current towing requirements are limited.

Like others have said, the minor premium you pay of this factory installed tow package is great value considering the features (hitch, wiring, upgraded rad/fans & sway control), appearance (integrated bumper) and factory installation (no PITA 3rd party "solutions").

• 2 weeks later...

Just brought home a new 2016 Titanium/Uranium/Plutonium Edge.

As it was dealer stock, had some equipment I really didn't want or need.

Sunroof and the trailer hitch.

But the price (D-Plan + incentives) was right.

Have a truck to tow with.

So, I'm the opposite from everyone else.

Would like to ditch the hitch and install the foot operated liftgate control.

Haven't crawled under (yet) to survey this, but it would seem that the wiring for the control may already be there so it could be a plug and play.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Could someone with a factory hitch please take a couple measurements for me? I'd like to know on level ground what the measurement is from the ground to the bottom of the receiver and from the bottom of the red reflector in the bumper to the top of the receiver.

Going to figure out roughly about where it would land if it was installed on the Sport.

Thanks in advanced!

Could someone with a factory hitch please take a couple measurements for me? I'd like to know on level ground what the measurement is from the ground to the bottom of the receiver and from the bottom of the red reflector in the bumper to the top of the receiver.

Going to figure out roughly about where it would land if it was installed on the Sport.

Thanks in advanced!

Ground to receiver is 14". Bottom of reflector to top of receiver is 7 1/2".