Disable MyKey limitations

I just purchased a used 2013 Edge Limited with the Drivers Entry package and when I programmed my key (the only key provided) it was set up with all of the restrictions enabled as a user key. It does show that there was an Admin key previously established but it was obviously not provided to me.

I checked with the dealer and this was the only key that they had for my car.

Does anyone know of a way to disable these limitations and then make my key the only (admin key). My other concern is that there is another key coded for my truck floating around (very unlikely that it would be an issue but why not disable it to be safe).

Thanks in advance.

J

No way to do it your self without the Admin key as far as I know. Your dealer should be able to do it for you.

I suggest you take it to your dealer & have them erase the missing key & program a new key so you get 2 keys. Since you seem to have purchased it from a dealer, maybe you can negotiate them to give you a free key or get a good deal on a new one. E-bay also offer a lot used & new keys & they are relatively cheap, but have to be programmed by a dealer or a locksmith since you only have 1 key available now.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this thread is six years old.  However for those coming in from web search, I had the same problem.  I solved it with the following:

- windows laptop 

- Latest version of forscan, and a two month extended license trial.

- a newly cut copy of an 80-bit key (non integrated remote) from Amazon.com- cost is under $15

- obdlinkmx Bluetooth dongle from Amazon.com  - Discontinued now. 

You can use forscan to program additional ignition keys. I didn't have to erase all, just add.

Procedure here.

https://www.forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10230

Note: Amazon URLs are non-affiliate link

Edited by thesavo