TPMS signal to one set of wheels to the other

Lunareclipse02

Im purchasing a used set of explorer wheels which the owner said the TPMS sensors are inside the wheels. I am not sure if they are or not unless I break down the wheels unless someone else can fill me in. But my question is if I change these set to my 13 edge and have Ford dealer change the signal where my vehicle can read the sensors will I have to do it again when I put my OEM set back on during the winter? I want to have a winter set and a summer set of wheels and tires. So my plan is to have TPMS in both set of wheels. If I have to go back to ford to change the signal every time I change the wheels over then would it be better to but a tool?

I found this tool which is a Motorcraft TPMS training tool part number 8c2z-1a203-a. Would this tool work for me? If so has anyone done it them selves. I figure it would be a good tool to have since we have a 2010 Ford Fusion as wheel and could use it on that vehicle also if the same occurrence happens again with that vehicle.

Thanks

As far as I know, you'll need to reprogram any set to work for your vehicle any time they are installed, though I might have read somewheres some people only replace their winter wheels without needing to reprogram. But, I also remember that the in-wheel TPMS don't work with vehicles that came with valve mounted TPMS sensors.

Also, I am not sure Explorer wheels fit the Edge as the have a different offset.