Brake Problem?

m1jam

2008 Edge with about 1,500 miles.

I occasionally have this problem. The noise made by my Edge sounds as if I am trying to drive with the emergency brake on, but the brake has already been released. Its usualyl right after I start the car, and back out of my driveway, then put it in Drive. Noise sounds like its coming from my wheels

Could just be normal noises. Brake rotor dust on the rotors rusts instantly when wet, like after rain or a wash, and obviously cleans right off as soon as you use them. Rotors do get a microscopic 'grain' from being used 99.9% of the time going forward. If the car got wet from rain(or even dew or high humidity), that little bit of rust build up and backing up may make it sound like its 'dragging' a bit. High performance car pads are usually much worse, where they will always squeak when backing up in some cases. I can hear brakes drag a bit even after I just finished washing the car, or it sat a few days.

Back into your driveway a few times and see if it does the same thing in the morning. You will always be a bit more hyper-sensitive to noises when you first drive away from home, typically tired and cold to boot :) I'm assuming its like a slight dragging sound rather then some sort of thunking?

Edited by kevinb120