Endoscopic Video of 2011 Ford Edge Limited 3.5 duratec at 95K miles

macbwt

Here is the video of the exploratory viewing of the 2nd Generation 3.5 Duratec with 95K miles on the ODO. Had to break it down to change the plugs so thought might as well see what is inside. Let me know what you think. I found it to be interesting since I see no video's like this on youtube for the 3.5 duratec non ecoboost engine.

• Like 1

Here is the video of the exploratory viewing of the 2nd Generation 3.5 Duratec with 95K miles on the ODO. Had to break it down to change the plugs so thought might as well see what is inside. Let me know what you think. I found it to be interesting since I see no video's like this on youtube for the 3.5 duratec non ecoboost engine.

Very clean looking engine valves.

However, must port injected cars have pretty clean valve stems due to the fuel washing them off.

I want to see a Eco-boost engine valve stem after 90k miles due to the direct injection which prevents the fuel from cleaning the valve stem like in our NA 3.5 engines.

I bet that will be a different story.

Edited by carguy75

From some videos I have seen you are correct the Direct injections are showing more carbon build up and the PCV is also creating a bit of an issue due to oils concentrating on the closest cylinders. Time will tell as you said. Just a note: The reason I chose the 2011 is because they were non ecoboost engines.

Very clean looking engine valves.

However, must port injected cars have pretty clean valve stems due to the fuel washing them off.

I want to see a Eco-boost engine valve stem after 90k miles due to the direct injection which prevents the fuel from cleaning the valve stem like in our NA 3.5 engines.

I bet that will be a different story.

• 2 years later...