HID conversion...FINALLY I CAN SEE!!

As promised I have finally completed installation of my new DDM Tuning HID conversion. What a huge difference it has made over the pathetic stock halogens. ZERO PROMBLEMS!! Ordered the complete kit from DDM Tuning who happens to be located in San Diego. They said to go with their new Ultra Canbus HID Kit. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/UltraCanbusHID. I went with the 5500k bulbs and they work amazing. They do have a slight hue of blue and are very bright. They fire up immediately with no apparent warm up. More in line with the new lighting systems on BMW, Audi and Mercedes. The cost was very reasonable at $119.95. Had the shop next door do a custom install for $120. A lot of improvement for the money. And best of all LIFETIME WARRANTY ON BULBS AND BALLASTS!! Can't beat that.

post-35544-0-30812400-1437076377_thumb.jpg

post-35544-0-57811400-1437076582_thumb.jpg

post-35544-0-92512300-1437076639_thumb.jpg

I put HID's in my wife's Sport and was having issues. Our cars require the CANBUS kit and the kit that I bought needed the full relay harness. What is happening is that the ballasts aren't getting enough voltage and shut off on some occasions. The harness connects to the battery vs pulling voltage from the OEM headlight harness. I went with 4300K which is a bit brighter. Looks nice!

Chris, it would actually take more than a bulb swap. You would have to go with a different housing altogether. For instance, if I wanted to use the same housing for HIDs on my 2011, I'd have to change the housing from the 9006 halogen housing (Stock) to the D3S housing that is on HID equipped Edges. The headlamp assemblies for HID equipped Edges are anywhere from $400-$600 through the dealership.

On top of that, you'd have to find a D3S HID kit.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My recent upgrade to HID lights has caused several drivers to flash me with their brights. Can the lights be adjusted?

No, by aiming the lights lower, you decrease the amount of usable light the driver of the vehicle has. Oncoming traffic will always be blinded by your lights because you have HIDs in a housing that was designed to reflect halogen bulbs.

• Like 1

As promised I have finally completed installation of my new DDM Tuning HID conversion. What a huge difference it has made over the pathetic stock halogens. ZERO PROMBLEMS!! Ordered the complete kit from DDM Tuning who happens to be located in San Diego. They said to go with their new Ultra Canbus HID Kit. http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/UltraCanbusHID. I went with the 5500k bulbs and they work amazing. They do have a slight hue of blue and are very bright. They fire up immediately with no apparent warm up. More in line with the new lighting systems on BMW, Audi and Mercedes. The cost was very reasonable at $119.95. Had the shop next door do a custom install for $120. A lot of improvement for the money. And best of all LIFETIME WARRANTY ON BULBS AND BALLASTS!! Can't beat that.

Was wondering which shop in SD did you go for the install?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Are you running the 35W or 55W ballast?