Tire Pressure

mcali6301

What is the reccomended tire pressure for the Pirelli Scorpions? (265/40/22)

The sticker in the door says 35psi but I don't know how that is possible when my SEL's 245/65/18's were 35.

My fronts are 26 and rears are at 28. there is no TPMI light on either...

Visually they look perfectly normal so I am bit confused...

Can't go by visual assessment. Have to use a tire gauge. Always go by the sticker on the door of the vehicle (unless the OM recommends otherwise). The weight of the Edge is not substantially affected by the weight of the 22" wheels, and is easily taken into account by the mfr (Ford).

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Thanks! I also figured that the PSI was set correctly since I bough this car in June and it was "certified pre-owned"....But in hindsight, since they sold me a car with a busted strut I should know better than to trust that dealership's service dept.

I'll make sure I get these tires back to their proper psi.

Thanks!

Thanks! I also figured that the PSI was set correctly since I bough this car in June and it was "certified pre-owned"....But in hindsight, since they sold me a car with a busted strut I should know better than to trust that dealership's service dept.

I'll make sure I get these tires back to their proper psi.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter whether they set the pressure correctly or not - it changes over time and it changes with temps not to mention slow leaks. You should always check tire pressure with a proper gauge periodically.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

TPMS is mostly a failsafe for people who do nothing to their vehicles except put gas in the tank. It will also alert you to a new flat while you are driving, which is a good thing. You shouldn't rely on it to tell you if you are low on air. Handling, gas mileage, tire life and all around safety rely on proper inflation. Done cold with a proper tire gauge to the specs on the label.

TPMS is mostly a failsafe for people who do nothing to their vehicles except put gas in the tank. It will also alert you to a new flat while you are driving, which is a good thing. You shouldn't rely on it to tell you if you are low on air. Handling, gas mileage, tire life and all around safety rely on proper inflation. Done cold with a proper tire gauge to the specs on the label.

I'm definitely not one of those people lol. I keep a tire gauge in my glove compartment. I still need to check my tires when cold though. Thanks all for the input