blend door actuator location?

jbouler

my wife took her edge to the dealer due to A/C issues. after doing a diagnostic it was told to us that both the left and right actuators are bad. I am unsure of the location of both blend doors but have been told that it is a pretty easy fix if i can find them. anyone have any ideas as to the location of these? I know on some vehicles one is behind the glove compartment, other than that i'm not sure where to look. thanks for any info.

thanks.....i'm hoping these are them. i've gotta look at it as soon as i get back from work. all i know is, the dealership said it's the left and right acuators. she was having hot air on the passengers side and rear of the vehicle and on the drivers side it was cold. she tried to change the temp but the temp stayed the same. hopefully it will be an easy fix.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just replaced the driver side door actuator with Auto Zone after market part. My 2013 Edge SEL AWD was blowing hot air on driver side, cold air on passenger side. After researching all of the forums, I used the 2008 Edge diagram to determine that the driver side actuator is under the driver side, screwed to the right side of the foot well. Hard to get to, but only 3 Phillips head screws to remove, replace. Didn't need to replace the linkage, don't replace if you don't have to. Use a long Phillips screw driver after removing the lower dash panel which had 2 socket screws. Takes time, but happy the part only cost $60 instead of $120 plus labor from dealer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...