2013 Edge EcoBoost. BOV???

What's up guys! Just got my hands on a 2013 Edge EcoBoost model. Looking to replace the BOV (if there is one) and I'm having the hardest time finding it. Can anyone tell me where it is located and/or supply pictures? Perhaps share your mods? With boosted applications I've always been a Nissan guy. I understand this question is quite "beginner" of me, but I just can't seem to locate it. Lol.

Thanks!

Thank you for the reply. I'm not looking to do anything with the wastegate. I saw a BOV that Turbo Smart makes that's a 50/50 valve. Vents half back into the plumbing and half to the atmosphere. I'd like to achieve the function of removing some of the air and the form of the "wooshhhhhh".

K, I think I found the OEM part (bypass valve) on EBay BL3Z9K378A:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-TURBOCHRAGER-BYPASS-VALVE-2010-2015-FORD-LINCOLN-VEHICLES-BL3Z-9K378-A-/231449794421?

$_12.JPG

Here is an applications list from the same listing:

2011-2014 Ford F-150 - 3.5L
2015 Ford Transit - 3.5L
2015 Ford Expedition - 3.5L
2015 Lincoln Navigator - 3.5L
2013-2015 Ford Fusion - 2.0L EcoBoost
2013-2015 Lincoln MKZ - 2.0L EcoBoost
2013-2015 Ford Focus - 2.0L EcoBoost
2010-2015 Lincoln MKS - 3.5L
2013-2015 Ford Escape - 2.0L EcoBoost
2015 Lincoln MKC - 2.0L EcoBoost
2010-2015 Ford Flex - 3.5L
2010-2015 Lincoln MKT - 3.5L
2013-2015 Lincoln MKT - 2.0L EcoBoost
2012-2015 Ford Edge - 2.0L EcoBoost
2012-2015 Lincoln MKX - 2.0L EcoBoost
2013-2015 Ford Explorer - 3.5L
2012-2015 Ford Explorer - 2.0L EcoBoost
2010-2015 Ford Taurus - 3.5L
2013-2015 Ford Taurus - 2.0L EcoBoost

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

This article led me to this.....

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-performance/4929-rallysport-direct-installs-turbosmart-dual-port-bov-white-sheep.html

Nice find on this and thanks for the Focus video Larry. I actually called Turbosmart today and their response to this fitting a "2013 2.0 Ecoboost Edge" was, "Sorry we can't give you a definitive answer because we've never fitted that application". I'm assuming the reason for that is because the Edge isn't typically a highly and frequently modified vehicle so Turbosmart hasn't received enough demand to get their hands on an Edge and fit the BOV. So, what to do?

Well, I have a service appt tomorrow and I'm going to talk to the writer about the Focus/Fusion/Edge and reference some part numbers. It would seem the 2.0 Ecoboost is the same across the platforms referenced from here.... (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine). I believe I'm just going to have to pull the wheel, take a look for myself and see what's up. I'll report my findings.

Thoughts on this guys?

No matter....it won't make much of a performance difference. 4000 lb vehicle with a turbo 2.0 engine.....still less than 300 ft lbs tq with 10% more boost....you'll probably just mess it up. And you will need a tune. And that's assuming injectors and fuel system are up to task.

No matter....it won't make much of a performance difference. 4000 lb vehicle with a turbo 2.0 engine.....still less than 300 ft lbs tq with 10% more boost....you'll probably just mess it up. And you will need a tune. And that's assuming injectors and fuel system are up to task.

RJG I'm not looking to increase the boost. The BOV recirculates the expelled air back into the turbo after the MAF so even if you removed all of it, the vehicle wouldn't know the difference. A tune will not be necessary. I'm not trying to improve my 1/4 mile times here. Lol. It's a fact venting the air is better for the turbo. I'm also looking to hang onto my boost roots with the "wooshhhhh".

I know what it does. I've built turbo race engines before. Just don't see the point in that vehicle.

Well alright then. I don't understand how you can argue it being better for the turbo and where you came up with "you'll probably just mess it up". So, thanks for the information I guess.

Hope you will do a writeup if & when you decide to tackle this project, djeyecon :)

Alright, so last night I pulled the wheel and the inner fender lining off to take a look. The BOV looks to be the same to me visually. Now that I know it's there, All there is left to do is order the TurboSmart valve and see if it bolts up. The install however will not be as easy in terms of accessibility as it is on the focus but I believe there's enough room. Let's see how this goes.....

BOV%201_zpsdnfh2ed7.jpg

BOV%202_zpsmk4snwyz.jpg

• Like 1

Sound clips before and after! Will likely have to cut that hose a little since the OEM connection comes out straight and the TS connection is at 90 degrees, plus external body looks to be significantly larger.

I'll be sure to do that. The TurboSmart unit actually comes with interchangeable vacuum nipples. 90 degree and a straight attachment. Simple as unscrewing the 90 degree and replacing it with the straight. Woo hoo! Tracking is showing "End of Day" Friday so we'll see what UPS does for me.

• Like 1

:: Update ::

Part 1 - Stock removal is done. I could not be any LESS impressed and honestly somewhat disappointed by the stock unit. You really can't get a good feel of how awful the stock BOV is until you hold it in your hand........ in pieces. :doh: I'm going to reference this Focus install that CJ Pony did in my writeup and make note of the differences on the Edge.

Focus ST Turbosmart Dual Port Blow Off Valve Installation 2013-2014 -

BOV Removed...

BOV%203_zpszjqac2oy.jpg

Stock BOV...

BOV%204_zpsv9u5pcmz.jpg

BOV will be here today, I'll update asap.

Edited by djeyecon
  • Like 1

I'm assuming you're statement about messing it up is referring to the fact that he car might run a little rich between shifts now. The ECU probably accounts for the air that's vented to the atmosphere and delivers the appropriate amount of fuel. But now that half of that air was vented instead of recirculated it could cause a brief stint of richness unless the car were tuned for such. That's what happened with my Subaru.

Not really a big deal for a car like this since we're not racing and it's not worth the cost of a custom tune on a stock motor. I agree the woosh sound is pretty awesome and addicting, I used to rev my Subaru while cruising just to make it sneeze!

-Russ

• Like 1