Tired of HIDs...absolute best, long lasting affordable halogen?

I've had two HID sets in my '08 edge and both times they have gone bad. One set was a cheap $30 kit and the latest one is a $250 kit. So, I'm tired of spending my money on the HID kits for this vehicle.

So, what would the best, affordable, longerish lasting halogen be to get? Would love something on the 6000k range but I know they can be expensive for very little life.

Thanks.

I have had the same HID set in my '08 and transferred the ballasts to my '11. I would have issues with ballasts going out from time to time but I could attribute that to the combination of engine heat and Arizona heat.

My actual next step is going with the VLEDs LED kit because I need something that throws more light, especially when traveling on Interstates 10, 17, and 40.

I'm guessing hids in the halogen reflector housings of 2010 and below Edge's produce a terrible beam pattern. What you could do in your 2008 is put H-9's in place of the H-11 low beams. It makes a huge difference so ya gotta make sure to aim them properly. Any good brand will work and be trouble free. I think ya end up going from 1350 to 2150 lumens. She'll love ya for it!!!!!! ;)

You have to do a little tab trimming to the H-9 sockets but it's really easy.

Edited by fishx65
  • Like 1

When I had the HID lights in no I wasn't running a full wiring harness and no my fogs aren't HID's.

The only light that doesn't work is the passenger headlight. I called about 10 places and a ford dealership somewhat close said it would cost $120 an hour to diagnose the problem and however much affwe to fix it...

Edited by Matt Ives
  • Like 1