Backup camera working intermittenly - MyFord Touch issue or something else

luvford

Nope never got this resolved. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't get it to not work. Ford customer service said that they couldn't do anything since the dealer couldn't identify the issue.

I just deal with no back up camera and pushing the shift button 5 times when I put the car in park before it recognizes it's in park. A couple weeks ago the back up camera randomly started working again... but stopped after about 4 days. :(

I think it's crazy that FORD knows that this is an issue with these early built 2011 models but doesn't want to fix the problem. I'm not going to pay to have the shifter cable replaced when I can still drive the car just fine.

• 2 months later...

My 2011 Edge was built in August of 2010. I ordered it in May... it was a long summer waiting for it! Picked it up from the dealer Sept 11, 2010. I still love it... just annoyed with the back-up camera not working. Has to be a bad contact or something! I was fed up with it, it hadn't worked since April, so I made an appointment and took it to the dealer June 1st and wouldn't you know it when I backed it out of the garage that morning to take it to the dealer... the camera worked! And it worked the whole time it was in the shop and for 2 days after! But hasn't worked since.

So daily I have shift to park warnings, see dealer for camera warnings, cross traffic alert failure warnings and blind spot failure warnings. All the things I waited for. :(