Climate control not working on remote start for 2015 Edge Sport

Pg 131 of owner's manual:

REMOTE START (If Equipped)
The remote start feature allows you to
pre-condition the interior of your vehicle.
The climate control system works to
achieve comfort according to your previous
settings.
Note: You cannot adjust the system during
remote start operation.
Turn the ignition on to return the system
to its previous settings. You can now make
adjustments normally, but you need to turn
certain vehicle-dependent features back
on, such as:
• Heated seats.
• Cooled seats.
• Heated steering wheel.
• Heated mirrors.
• Heated rear window.
You can adjust the default remote start
settings using the information display
controls. See Information Displays
(page 100 (actual reference pg 103/108)).

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just bought a 2012 Edge and I'm very frustrated with Ford! When you buy the car you hear 'remote start' and 'climate settings' and I can see theheated seat settings in the left menu. But then to learn that someone at Ford decided that it would only work at freezing or lower -- that's ridiculous. I live in Sacramento and the temp often gets down to 35F. Where I'm from that's friggen cold and I want my butt warmed up. I can choose from about 7 different colors for the interior "mood lights", but I can't configure the temp to have the seat heaters come on? Come on!

I just bought a 2012 Edge and I'm very frustrated with Ford! When you buy the car you hear 'remote start' and 'climate settings' and I can see theheated seat settings in the left menu. But then to learn that someone at Ford decided that it would only work at freezing or lower -- that's ridiculous. I live in Sacramento and the temp often gets down to 35F. Where I'm from that's friggen cold and I want my butt warmed up. I can choose from about 7 different colors for the interior "mood lights", but I can't configure the temp to have the seat heaters come on? Come on!

Obviously you're upset... You bumped a few threads to post the exact same comment in each of them (one would have sufficed).

At 35 degrees, your heated seats should activate.

Edited by candurin

• 3 months later...

just bought a 2015 edge and learned that on this model the auto start climate control is not an option for this car. climate control will only come on once you push the start button in the vehicle. So im guessing that the auto start is just to waste fuel before you drive it??? Is there a way to have it installed or upgraded? Any help would be great Thanks

Edited by BobU

BobU, have same issue. Owner manual is useless, have no success in getting this feature to work. I read another blog that said it had to be under 32 degrees for the climate control to come on. I don't buy that, either it is going to be a real sore spot with me if it cannot be activated. I had a 2011 that worked like a charm and do not recall if it could be turned off.

I have another 2 500 miles till first oil change, I will consult with dealer and share results if it is not resolved here first.

• 3 years later...
Guest Frustrated

Having same issue with the grayed out climate and seats....incredibly frustrating! What is the point of remote start? It was 31 degrees this morning and the heat doesn’t even come on until I physically get in a freezing car that has been started for the past 15 minutes and press the start button?!?! anybody figure out a solution???

GF,

As you can see from previous posts (going back years) dealers are generally clueless when it comes to electronic gremlins.  Fortunately, an Edge owner on another forum had the same issue.  In the end it turned out to be corrupted FCIM data.  A dealership tech reloaded the FCIM (as built) for the car and the settings became functional again.  You can do that yourself with FORScan. 

• 2 weeks later...

My 2018 Titanium is not activating the seat heaters or climate control when using remote start even though those options are selected in the options menu.

They seemed to be working last year, wondering if the update I installed a couple of weeks ago has something to do with it?

3 hours ago, Ogre said:

My 2018 Titanium is not activating the seat heaters or climate control when using remote start even though those options are selected in the options menu.

They seemed to be working last year, wondering if the update I installed a couple of weeks ago has something to do with it?

There is a set of criteria based on which they would then turn on. It is not really clear what the criteria is, but it could be the reason.

Owners Manual

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ogre said:

Check the menu again to be sure the 'remote start/climate control' item is set for "Auto" and not "Last Setting".  Also be sure the "Auto" button on the dash (or display) is turned on.  After that the system will try to determine whether heat or AC are necessary to bring the interior to 72 degrees F and whether heated or cooled seat functions are needed. Below is a copy/paste from your owner's manual (Climate Settings).  Note, in what the manual calls "moderate weather' you might not even notice anything turning on.  You also have to press the start button after entering the car for the indicator lights to come on even though the seat might already be heating/cooling.

Automatic Settings
In hot weather, the system is set to 72°F (22°C). The cooled seats are set to high (if available, and selected to AUTO in the information display).
In moderate weather, the system either heats or cools (based on previous settings). The rear defroster, heated mirrors and heated seats do not automatically turn on.
In cold weather, the system is set to 72°F (22°C). The heated seats are set to high (if available, and selected to AUTO in the information display). The rear defroster and heated mirrors automatically turn on.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, I did look through the other thread last night and read that the seat indicators may not light up even though the seat heat or ventilation is working until you hit the start button. 

This is my wife's car that I don't drive very often so I just did a test to see if she just wasn't noticing the seat heaters working since this time of year we all wear thick clothes.

I remote started it at 8am this morning and let it run about 11 minutes. I then went out and checked to see what was working, the outside temp was reading a balmy 20°f, back window and mirrors were free from frost, the inside temp was not terrible warm but considerable warmer then the outside, steering wheel was warm but driver's seat was still ice cold. When I hit the start button to initialize the rest of the car the screen showed the steering wheel heat on, but not the seat heater. 

I then went back into the settings in the left hand dash screen and double checked the remote start settings. System was checked, seat and steering wheel was set to auto, and climate control was also set to auto. 

So it seems everything is working correctly except the seat heaters, any ideas as to why?

4 hours ago, omar302 said:

Try to turn the setting for the seats to off then on again. Just a thought as electronics sometimes act up.

I did change all the remote start settings and then put them back this morning when I checked the settings. 

I tried it again this afternoon with remote start and the seat heater did come on this time. After a quick trip to the store the seat heater and steering wheel heat came on automatically with a normal push button start. 

I shall check again tomorrow morning if it is still working correctly. Thanks for the help. 

• 3 years later...