Tail light Condensation

Hey Gang! I just purchased my Edge on Dec. 8th. Noticed the condensation as soon as I got it home. Guessing the wash job the dealer did might have caused it. Then it has disappeared and reappeared daily since then. I'm glad I found this forum with similar issues. I'll be contacting my dealer services department for a replacement ASAP. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

• Like 1

Hey Gang! I just purchased my Edge on Dec. 8th. Noticed the condensation as soon as I got it home. Guessing the wash job the dealer did might have caused it. Then it has disappeared and reappeared daily since then. I'm glad I found this forum with similar issues. I'll be contacting my dealer services department for a replacement ASAP. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

Good luck mine basically said suck it up. Personally I think it looks really bad and reflects on shotty craftsmanship/part... which so far sadly has been the name of the game for my 2015 edge sport...

My suspicion is if a few have it , we all have it and the moisture getting inside is a design issue that will continue until it is sealed or ventilated , nothing serious until it starts to mold inside ... tailight units are probably being replaced ( and re-replaced ) by the unit supplier and they hope few owners will bother with it and a change will be effected down the road ..

Perk

My suspicion is if a few have it , we all have it and the moisture getting inside is a design issue that will continue until it is sealed or ventilated , nothing serious until it starts to mold inside ... tailight units are probably being replaced ( and re-replaced ) by the unit supplier and they hope few owners will bother with it and a change will be effected down the road ..

Perk

Vadimus had a replacement installed with a "B" part no. back in Nov and his last post indicated that the new piece is moisture free. So now the question becomes; Is there a new and improved part or did he just get lucky with the replacement part he received? It will be interesting to see how many additional owners with this problem report their observations in this thread.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Will do. I can manually create the condensation at home. Even in the headlights. Which makes me think all these cold weather buys are gonna have issues when it heats up. All I have to do is pull into my driveway so the tails are in the sun. Wait an hour and then go spray water on them and watch the condensation form. The headlights, I can make haze but it never forms droplets

I will say that I've noticed that my taillights and headlights seem to get a lot of condensation when there are large temperature changes. Weather here in Pittsburgh has been weird - one day it is almost 60 and then the next it is 4. I had a spot of condensation in my light bar for a week or two but it eventually went away with no permanent markings left behind. We shall see how long that lasts.

• 2 months later...

I'm taking mine to the dealer this afternoon to have it looked at. I'm not overly concerned about mine but it shouldn't be happening to the degree that it is. Since mine is a lease and I'm just borrowing the car, I'm letting Ford look at "their car" to see if it's something they'd like to fix.

25936031742_96d4bb4502_z.jpg

Edited by WFDEdge
  • Like 1

Yes, 2015. There wasn't any condensation in the housings when I went Friday so obviously they couldn't find anything wrong. But the tech requested I email him some photos that I had saved on my phone and he's going to send to Ford to see if they want to buy me new taillights or not.

• 2 months later...

I have same problem plus very thin crack veriticsl line probably every 3-5 inch

They slow grow

Spirit stop in dealer shop under bumper to bumper warranty

I have car only 6 months

They after make contact with ford total decline

Motivation external impact

I never had single impact and my car all day outside not in garage even

They told claim your insurence as may you was in auto wash station and it was impact

Any idea

Cost a lot

I have same problem plus very thin crack veriticsl line probably every 3-5 inch

They slow grow

Spirit stop in dealer shop under bumper to bumper warranty

I have car only 6 months

They after make contact with ford total decline

Motivation external impact

I never had single impact and my car all day outside not in garage even

They told claim your insurence as may you was in auto wash station and it was impact

Any idea

Cost a lot

I had condensation in the tail lights the day I picked the car up new from the dealer.

Haven't seen it happen again since, and I've been in numerous rain storms and washed the car about 10 times. Hasn't come back.

I know the front headlights are apparently vented for some reason, no so sure about the tails though.

My condensation stay almost

10 day I wash my car 5/30

Outside near 96-100

And still here

I try connect or at list find out cracking as material failure

Or secondary result poor seal and condensate some how create crack

But with both complains Ford refuse

apply bumper to bumper policy

I may be will be sent complain to BBB

• 2 weeks later...