Your 2015 Edge Review

Chipster

I for one would be interested in hearing about your thoughts and observations of your new Edge. We only have a few owner reviews so I thought this would be a good single thread for owners to post their thoughts, both positive and the not so much so. Please let us know as much as you can about your new ride, miles driven, trim level, engine, cabin noise, driveability, etc. etc...

• Like 1

I have 2015 Edge Sport AWD and have about 1000 miles on it, and I love it so far. I don't have any issues with water leaking inside the cabin, rattling noises or any of the other issues I've read on here. The 2015 Sport is a great upgrade from my 2013 Sport, and the 2013 Edge cannot compare. Ford got it right this time with the Sports model as it handles and rides good, has great power and some nice features. In the future, I would like to see Ford offer a better stereo option, park assist with brake support and power folding mirrors. Other than that I don't have too much to complain about at this time.

post-10538-0-80765300-1443822583_thumb.jpg

I have the same sport as blitz and I agree except I'm good with the stereo. I have about 2k mines on mine and outside of the seat cooling issue, I'm very happy. It's a blast to drive.

Don't know how to attach photo.

To attach a photo to your post go to edit/use full editor/scroll to the bottom left of your post and you will see attach files.

I have a SEL 2.0T for 5k miles

I am happy with it so far. Water leaking never happened on me. The driving is quiet and smooth, cargo space is big, it looks cool and MPG is fairly reasonable as 21 ( city:high way= 7:3)

but two minor things I don't like:

1. Interior rattling noise, it's not very noticeable, but I still can hear it while driving on bumpy road with radio off. I think it's coming from center control buttons

2. Front wiper shakes while working, even I after cleaned it. I think it's something wrong with factory wiper's rubber.

One last thing, there was a little clunking while shifting to drive gear, I noticed it after three months 3k miles. And it disappeared after first maintenance(5month). Let's see will it come back again.

'15 Sport AWD

4300 Miles

+ Nice power.

+ Quiet Interior

+ Plenty of Room

+ Beautiful Interior

+ Plenty of Options

- Rattles. They are popping up more and more on the interior.

- Plastics. The plastics on the exterior don't seem to fit as they should. I have leaned up against the car and hear plastic groaning sounds from some pieces. Plastic pieces along the bottom of the door clicking against other pieces.

Overall I am happy with the Edge. For $40k+, would expect a little more refinement when it comes to rattles, squeeks, etc.

'15 Sport AWD

4300 Miles

+ Nice power.

+ Quiet Interior

+ Plenty of Room

+ Beautiful Interior

+ Plenty of Options

- Rattles. They are popping up more and more on the interior.

- Plastics. The plastics on the exterior don't seem to fit as they should. I have leaned up against the car and hear plastic groaning sounds from some pieces. Plastic pieces along the bottom of the door clicking against other pieces.

Overall I am happy with the Edge. For $40k+, would expect a little more refinement when it comes to rattles, squeeks, etc.

When did the rattling start? I was concerned about some the issues I've read on here, but so far the car has been solid. I'm glad I lease, so if it starts to fall apart, I know I will get a new one in a couple of years. The only thing I use to hear rattling was my daughter's' car seat when she was not in it, and I replaced it with a booster seat, and now I do not hear anything rattling. The car is whisper quite.
  • Like 1

When did the rattling start? I was concerned about some the issues I've read on here, but so far the car has been solid. I'm glad I lease, so if it starts to fall apart, I know I will get a new one in a couple of years. The only thing I use to hear rattling was my daughter's' car seat when she was not in it, and I replaced it with a booster seat, and now I do not hear anything rattling. The car is whisper quite.

The rattle under the car came right away. Fixed that.

The back seat rattle showed up around 4k miles.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2015 Edge Sport. I've got 200 mi on it. I traded in a 2012 Charger RT Max. The things I like about the Edge over the Charger is the AWD first. I live in the NW and when it rained I could not put down the power in the Charger. Tires would start to spin then the traction and stability nannies would kick in and pull the power. The acceleration to 60 is on par with the Charger, maybe a tick slower. The Edge is rides and drive smoother then the Charger and is more quiet. The Sony premium audio also blows away the Beats I had in the Charger. There is more room in the Edge, mainly in the back seat. My Sync is ok but I think I liked the simplicity of the Dodge unit just a wee bit better. My phone dose connect to My sync quicker when the car is turned on.

This is where I tell you what I miss about the Charger. The seats were better. The lumbar on both driver and passenger seats in the Charger would adjust up and down as well as the normal inflate function. The pedals adjusted in the Charger, they don't in the Edge, The rear view mirrors could be set up to tilt down in reverse in the Charger, not so in the Edge. The Charger had a heated steering wheel, the Edge dose not. Driving impressions: In lightly spirited driving they are about the same. The Edge dose a good job of masking it's SUV/crossover heritage. But if you start to get aggressive the extra height in the Edge becomes apparent. Passing power.... Charger hands down. I was on a road trip going across Utah, stuck behind a truck doing 60 followed by a 350z and Honda Pilot that would not pass. No traffic in sight, road straight as a string. I moved over and mashed the gas. With 4 people in the car, it was brushing 120 by the time I cleared the semi. I don't know about the new 8spd gear box in the Hemi's but the 5spd took care of business. These are my initial impressions base on having the car one week and only driving to and from work. I will take it out this weekend and put the canes to it.

I have 30 day Ford Edge SEL FWD with few additional option

Pass 2500m mileage per gallon not super 19/23

Power nice

Brake nice. Alert system when driving and back camera

work well and help

My Ford touch with GPS work without any problem

Pass several heavy rain and snow fall without leak inside

Hate headlight very bad will try change myself to HID

I can't catch one strange problem when driving long distance and AC sometimes generated strange smell

This my first experience with Ford I jade Ridgeline before

I have a 2015 SEL with the 2.0, Tech package, Vista Roof, and 201a package. We traded in a 2012 Flex SEL on this. So far we are very happy. My wife misses the extra row a little, but so far, that is really the only negative. The 2.0 has very smooth, linear power, plenty for this vehicle, and the engine feels more refined and powerful than the 3.5 in the Flex. Transmission shifts are smooth, almost unnoticeable. Plenty of rear leg room, even for my 6'2" son, lots of storage in the back for soccer tournaments, and very comfortable, supportive seats. The MFT is intuitive and responsive, and the Sync voice commands are second nature after having the Flex. It is one month old today, has about 1500 mi. on it, and is averaging 22.8 mpg (75/25 city/hwy). Fit and finish are very good, no rattles or noises. I wish they had a Sport appearance package, as I prefer the blacked out look to the chrome, but so far, I think this was a great purchase.

post-38334-0-94570000-1449068005_thumb.jpg

Any new owners willing to post up your thoughts in a review?

New 2015 Ford Edge Sport, Platinum white, 21" wheels 401A.

This is our first Ford and mechanically so far (and as expected) it has been fine. We have just over 1,100 miles on it. Overall I like it and it has been a good car. I had a VW (2006 MK5 model) so the interior quality/fit & finish was pretty darn good. So far with this one I have not impressed and it has lived up to the stereotype of an american interior vs a german interior. The head liner by the sunroof controls is coming out. By the Ford center cap the wheel was not painted right (exposed metal). The panel gaps are all over the place some small some large. Condensation in the taillights. Ontop of that when we went to pick up the car the dealer gave us a car with dirty finger prints all over the sun visors and a gash in the front dash.

post-38292-0-48082200-1449194416_thumb.jpg

So I know not all things are made perfectly and here's a few things I have found wrong with my Edge so far. Figured I'd start documenting it all and then start some trips to the dealership. Not in pics are 2 spots where the paint has runs that I found after waxing or the condensation on all 3 parts of the rear tail lights.
Bottom Trim
20151114_102737_zpslb5wnhgm.jpg
Middle Pillar Trim coming up at top
20151114_102729_zpsdytphnvr.jpg
Middle Window Trim doesn't seem to want to sit flush at the top corner
20151114_102717_zpsmfjoilnv.jpg
Bottom Trim
20151114_102700_zpsgt0gj4vm.jpg
Odd bubble on hose
20151114_102834_zpsvs4tfl6b.jpg
By far the worse piece.
20151114_102651_zpswrg0e6mw.jpg
It's warped
20151114_102638_zps7yeopkby.jpg
Doesn't sit flush with the rest either
20151114_102540_zpsd1u8bb4z.jpg
Same on this side but not as bad
20151114_102524_zpsqgwdcsur.jpg
This piece does the same as the other side, makes me think it's supposed to be this way, but the rubber has a lip that it looks like the trim is supposed to sit in and it's slid underneath the plastic pillar piece.
20151114_102444_zpslpayuyaj.jpg
This is crazy, only my passenger door is flawless with these bottom trim pieces.
20151114_102433_zps31led9ul.jpg
Again, the other door.
20151114_102409_zpsg6djaqbp.jpg
Pillar trim coming off at the top corner.
20151114_102355_zpsomcsbknk.jpg
Different View.
20151114_102352_zpskcfptqrg.jpg

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 1

I have got my wash mit cought in one of those gaps and it tore off some hairs... I agree the fit and finish I haven't been impressed with.

Things I would like to see them improve on (don't know what they have for the 16' model) but a double clutch gear box would make the sport that much more lively... The one thing I do not care for is the lazy/sluggish transmission. The shift are relatively slow and I have been accelerating and selected the gear up level it tries to change and I see the revs try to go down then they jump right back up. The VW DSG is the only one I can compare it to and that kind of transmission would do this sport version wonders. 6 gears I think is fine. If they wanted to add a 7th for highway speeds sure why not.

Other have pointed out they don't like the brakes and are too touchy then clearly they do not know what good brakes are.... I must admit I love these brakes (feel) the respons is imidiate and I do not have to modulate very much. My wife needs to get used to them more but coming from more of a performance oriented car to this SUV it is much appreciated. (I have a Travers rental and the brakes have no feel and I can't stand them) The only other thing I would like to have change is the HUGE nose dive this thing does on braking. I don't really know how they would be able to cure that without completely compromising the ride. So that may be just left alone.

• Like 1

2015 Ford Edge Sport AWD

20" Polished Aluminum wheels

401a Technology Package

Production date: September 15th 2015

My Edge sport has treated me very well. I got every option except the adaptive cruise and Vista Roof (I'm so over the glass roofs) It has around 2000 miles on it now. I ran '93 octane the first 1000 miles and switched to regular '87 for the last 1000. Getting almost the exact same gas mileage and without a track to time it I don't really see a difference in performance at all either. I don't have any of the issues reported on the forums. Driver and passenger seats fully cool backs and bottoms, none of the trim is peeling back, no leaks, ect... To be honest i don't really have a issue with anything. I absolutely love this vehicle. It even plays nice in the snow! The only thing i would have loved to have as an option would be the heated steering wheel. I finally got the driver/pass windows tinted and did my final detail before the winter. Some pics B)

32MzEEW.jpg?1

NU1815O.jpg?1

EGmyAqa.png?2

Jkz65Dq.jpg?1

Edited by Brad Luczak
  • Like 7

I am driving a Ford Edge SE trim with V6 AWD built in May 2015. So far so good, but I have started noticing some vibrations/noises from the plastic trims. It could have started due to millions of potholes on Edmonton roads and I drive about 60-70 KM's everyday. This is my first Ford and hoping it doesn't give me much grief down the road.

post-38089-0-19919500-1449423981_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I am driving a Ford Edge SE trim with V6 AWD built in May 2015. So far so good, but I have started noticing some vibrations/noises from the plastic trims. It could have started due to millions of potholes on Edmonton roads and I drive about 60-70 KM's everyday. This is my first Ford and hoping it doesn't give me much grief down the road.

Funny thing, it was the first time when I saw 2015 Edge that close (except for locked one on 2015 Canadian International Auto Show), and it was at Athabasca Glacier near Jasper, AB

DSCF8014.JPG

• Like 2