Your 2015 Edge Review

Chipster

I finall got it back and was going through it with a rep when we found overspray on every fender of the car (a big blob of solid pain hanging off). When we pointed this out he made a funny face and was like dang, well that is not normal. In short my review can be summed up as: mechnaically so far the car is great. HOWEVER the fit and finish is below a hyundai/kia at this point. I won't be buying another ford.

I have 10K on my 15 Sport and overall I am happy with it, with the exception of the ventilated seats. They are several problems with them, the most glaring being a hot spot in the middle of my back on A/C. The brakes, handling and acceleration are excellent, especially for a large vehicle. SYNC has been better than expected, maybe Ford addressed the major issues (after several years). I drove a normally aspirated V6 Audi Q5 and the Sport is faster and handles better at a lower price point. I wish that Ford would have expanded the wheel/tire options - I ended up with the stock 20 inch tires, as I could not get a straight answer from the dealer of Ford directly on 21 all season tires. This is a shame as you have to believe that folks paying extra for a Sport would consider $800 for upgraded wheels, lost money for Ford. It is comfortable on long trips and has plenty of power to pass.

Same problem initially with the 21's - there was an error earlier in the year on the Ford build site that said they only came in summer tires. This did not make sense to me so pressed my dealer to make calls to fine out - it was an error and 21's in the US do come in all season - the reason I changed my build / order from 20's to 21's

I finall got it back and was going through it with a rep when we found overspray on every fender of the car (a big blob of solid pain hanging off). When we pointed this out he made a funny face and was like dang, well that is not normal. In short my review can be summed up as: mechnaically so far the car is great. HOWEVER the fit and finish is below a hyundai/kia at this point. I won't be buying another ford.

I had a 2013 Hyundia Santa Fe sport 2.0t (First year) and i have the complete opposite opinion. I think the Ford Edge Sport is superior in every aspect compared to the Santa Fe build i had.

I had a 2013 Hyundia Santa Fe sport 2.0t (First year) and i have the complete opposite opinion. I think the Ford Edge Sport is superior in every aspect compared to the Santa Fe build i had.

Coming from a German car where over the past number of years have typically had much better interiors in terms of deisgn and quality I have not been impressed. No offense to anyone here who had previous Hyundais or Kias but they have not been known for their build quality or fit and finish. Yes they have come a long way from where they were but that is why there is a decent price difference in the cars. Comparing to the Germans on fit and finish/quality I will most likely go back for my next car purchase.

Going back to Jetta made in Mexico? :)

Yup, you are exactly right! It doesn't always matter where it is built... a lot more goes into it then that, the design is equally important. Even though the edge was built in a new/newly refurbished manufacturing plant in Oakville (where I was born) does not mean it will be amazing. As we all know the first production series had a serious design flaw with the leaking.

Sometimes being made in Mexico does matter regardless the design origin, just ask those unfortunate owners of the crappiest Benz ever made - ML320 :)

Meanwhile the 2006-2012 Fusion built in Hermosillo was Ford's highest quality vehicle and was on par with the U.S. assembled Accord and Camry. It was Ford's highest rated plant internally.

Yup, you are exactly right! It doesn't always matter where it is built... a lot more goes into it then that, the design is equally important. Even though the edge was built in a new/newly refurbished manufacturing plant in Oakville (where I was born) does not mean it will be amazing. As we all know the first production series had a serious design flaw with the leaking.

The leak was not a design flaw. It was a production error (robot not applying sealer where it should be).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Overall I am happy with the Edge. For $40k+, would expect a little more refinement when it comes to rattles, squeeks, etc.

I agree with previous owner. They had to remove headliner to work on rattles......... then I had to take it back to get the grease off of the

headliner............ about 3 trips to dealer. Next the moulding that over the windshield started making noise and came off. That took 3 / 4 more

trips to dealer. We live just across interstate from dealer, so it not too far to drive. We still have more noise in the car than we should...... drives

well and is comfortable.

Not sure about next car??????