Best way to get a heavy power cable to the battery (from inside the Edge)?

I am putting the finishing connections on my new trailer hitch lighting module, and the instructions want me to run a heavy power lead from the rear of the car (where the module is located) all the way up front, and into the engine compartment (to connect directly to the battery).

I've looked under both the hood and the dash, and cannot see any "easy" way to pass the cable through into the engine compartment.

Has anyone on the forum had to do this yet? If so, did you find any existing passageway (or hole) from the driver's side through into the engine compartment? (With the engine going so far under the cowl, it seems an almost impossible task to get a heavy wire through into the engine compartment).

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I did that initially too, but soon discovered that the power outlets in my 2015 Edge Sport all eventually shut-off within a few seconds of turning the key off and locking the car. This could be problematic, for example, when parking on the side of the road with your 4-way flashers going... I tested it and they stopped flashing on my trailer shortly after getting out and locking the car... this is because the power module is apparently told to shut-down by the ECM shortly after you shut-down the car. In other words, you also apparently cannot leave your phone charging in the car unattended either, apparently. (This may be why the trailer module manufacturer specifically states not to tie-in the unit's power lead to any power module, but to only run it from a lead taken directly off of the battery). I then did so and now the car no longer plays any "games", in providing power to the unit.