Smallest wheel for '13 Limited

Snafuflux

I've been scouring the forum for a definite answer regarding obtaining snow rims/tires for the winter months. This is our first winter with our '13 Limited and my wife will be carting around our new born so I want to ensure they're safe throughout the winter months. I also know the smallest wheel possible is optimal in deep snow.

I've found lots of people report that 17" will fit on all '13 Edges except the Sport due to larger brake callipers. Now I've gone to several tire companies locally and they all are worried that the 17" rim will not fit because our Edge has the 20" package. Even Ford was telling me not to go 17". When I said that I thought only the Sport had bigger callipers he got defensive and said "Alright if you know best."; made me question if I did... So here I am.

Does anyone know of a way that I can tell if indeed the 235/65R17 rim/tires will fit on our Limited? Or would anyone be willing to provide additional information confirming or disproving my thought that the suggested sized rim/tires will fit?

Your help is much appreciated.

Even this neat little tool indicates that 17" should fit:

http://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/edge/2013/

I'll move forward with trying to find the correct wheels and tires to fit. From what I see here I want 17" with 7.5" width and bolt pattern of 5X114.3, Maybe I'll go to a local performance shop rather than Canadian Tire and see if they'll carry what I'm looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

The 17" wheels with winter tires mounted fit my 2014 Edge just fine. AWD and all winter tires at every corner really gets around in the slippery stuff quite well. In a couple of weeks I'll switch from the 20" Scorpions to the winter setup. It changes the look of the Edge a lot. But it's only for the winter and the difference in traction is incredible. If you like I'll post some photos and get the tire size info for you.

• 2 months later...