Your 2016 Edge order?

Chipster

they, instead should shutdown the whole Oakville Assembly Plant itself!

All cars built there has minimum QA and almost all of them have issues from bad paint to rattle plastics etc

Ours doesn't. They build 20K+ vehicles every month and only a small subset seem to be having problems.

It may be a higher percentage with issues than normal, but it's still probably a small number overall.

• Like 1

Super excited!!! Ford Service on FaceBook gave me my VIN and build/eta date!

Ordered 5/7/2016

Build 7/14/2016

ETA 8/3/2016

Was finally able to download my window sticker today. I feel like this process has taken forever, but I guess in all actuality, it is not that bad of a wait to get exactly what I want. Kinda wish I knew about them switching Too Good To Be Blue to Blue Jeans for 2017 though...oh well. B)

• Like 2

Received my Edge finally

2016 Edge Titanium + AWD + 2.0L Ecoboost + Too Good to be Blue + Ebony Interior + 302A + Drivers package

7 May : Placed order

27 May : VIN Available

14 May : Window sticker available

17 May : Built

7 July : Arrived at dealer

9 July : Picked up

Edited by luxpow
  • Like 1

We have had our Titanium for a month now....I find the quality to be great...We have not found any flaws to date...It compares to the 2011 Explorer Limited in ride and Quality...Went with the 3.5 and averaging over 25mpg...I think Oakville is doing a great job....It was well worth the 9 wk wait .

Congrats man !

Whats the 3M protection ?

a clear plastic film that is not visible from a distance and is put on the front of the hood, headlights, front fascia, mirror backs, and optionally on the rocker panels,it helps protect your vehicle from rocks chipping the paint, The Province of Alberta does not use sand in the winter on icy roads, they tend to use pea gravel which plays havoc with the front of your vehicle and not to mention the front windshield. Insurance companies love it here, they put your rates up after two claims...

• Like 1

I was originally quoted about $250 for just the front end and mirrors, however with the Ford Employee discount program and a Costco Card I had about 6K knocked off the price and also 4k for my trade in. Went for the "full meal deal" on the 3M protection, which includes the carpet and seat protetction.

I would think carpet & seats would be treated with a spray-type product (Scotchgard for instance), but am curious to see if there is indeed a "film" being used.

yes it is Scotch guard that is used on the carpet and seats. liquid puddles on the surface for a short time making for easy cleanup.

• Like 1

There are 2 types of fabric protection - water based (scotchguard) and silicon based professional formulas. Water based lasts about 6 months - silicon lasts 3 years.

Back in college we had a 5 gallon drum of the silicon stuff that came with a 3 yr warranty. I used to spray paper towels and they would hold several ounces of liquid without leaking for a few minutes. I don't know if you can get silicon retail. Just make sure to reapply the scotchguard every 6 months.

• Like 1