Sense of an exchange on Explorer 2008?

Friends hi. The strange question, but is compelled to set it. My Ford EDGE, I love it, and everything in it is good, except the size. My height of 198 cm and I have some problems when landing in it. I am compelled to remove a seat back, my head settles down just opposite to the central racks, what wonderful look, I constantly bend what to see something at turn and I look out of the window of a back door or on the contrary I bend forward what to see something in a window of a forward door. Over the head the place isn't enough and sometimes I hit a ceiling), I have Vista roof, it reduces space. But in the summer it everything is tolerant, problems begin in the winter when I stack on a seat a subtub from a sheepskin, and at once the gap in 1,5 cm disappears over the head. I stack a lining, what not to freeze the fifth point, at us cold in the winter of-25 degrees Celsius. Such history). To be pleasant to me my EDGE, but I think to replace it with more spacious on height. I considered option of replacement by Explorer 2008, what your opinion in what will lose this option and in what to win? Your opinion: its technical characteristics, service problems, appearance in comparison with EDGE. Any thoughts except kicks.

Edited by EDST777

I don't think there were any major problems with the 2008 Explorer, but I don't know if it gives you more headroom. I suggest testing it with your sheepskin seat cover to be safe.

It is a very different vehicle though. It's heavier, louder and won't handle as well as the Edge.

thanks, but unless isn't one many more than a place over the head there? I understand that it not such dynamic car but how to be told I look for comfort therefore I want to analyse everything pros and cons. I will try on with a sheepskin, thanks.

Time to get an Econoline or a Transit!!! Courtesy of Edmunds:

2008 Edge: Interior Measurements

FRONT HEAD ROOM 40.0 in. REAR HEAD ROOM 39.3 in.

FRONT HIP ROOM 54.8 in. REAR HIP ROOM 56.3 in.

FRONT LEG ROOM 40.7 in. REAR LEG ROOM 39.6 in.

FRONT SHOULDER ROOM 58.9 in. REAR SHOULDER ROOM 58.8 in.

2008 Explorer: Interior Measurements

FRONT HEAD ROOM 39.8 in. REAR HEAD ROOM 38.7 in.

FRONT HIP ROOM 55.4 in. REAR HIP ROOM 55.5 in.

FRONT LEG ROOM 42.4 in. REAR LEG ROOM 36.9 in.

FRONT SHOULDER ROOM 59.0 in. REAR SHOULDER ROOM 59.0 in.

2008 Expedition: Interior Measurements

FRONT HEAD ROOM 39.6 in. REAR HEAD ROOM 39.8 in.

FRONT HIP ROOM 60.2 in. REAR HIP ROOM 59.9 in.

FRONT LEG ROOM 41.2 in. REAR LEG ROOM 39.1 in.

FRONT SHOULDER ROOM 63.2 in. REAR SHOULDER ROOM 63.7 in.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

Thanks..... it follows from this that among EDGE specified for 2008 takes the biggest place over the head? Really?! Econoline, Transit-no, doesn't approach, I would consider F-150, it is pleasant to me also the size suitable.

p.s.: there can be Explorer 2011-15?

Edited by EDST777