Edge Sport Black Trim

d0minicano

They don't offer it. You can buy the parts primed and get them sprayed if you want or you can wrap them in vinyl. I did plastidip 12 months ago. Still looks like the day I did it, and when I trade it in, it will all come back off no issues. Check my pics.

thanks, yep i might as well the same will be cheaper as well.

I'm only aware of the Explorers having the Sport Appearance package. I think it was a $1200 option which wasn't bad for upgraded wheels and seats along with different grill and badges. Mabey in 2016 they will offer something similar for the Edge SEL's

The Edge also offered a similar appearance package, maybe on the 2013-2014 Edge SEL:

SEL Appearance Package includes unique Charcoal Black leather-trimmed seats with gray Alcantara® perforated inserts, 20" painted black aluminum wheels with machined faces, unique headlamp and taillamp treatments, body-color grille, and floor mats with logo (requires 204A or 205A)

http://ahotop.com/images/ford-edge-2014-interior-3.jpg

http://www.mikekukielka.com/gallery/d/68270-1/Ford+Edge+SEL+Appearance+Package.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have an SEL and painted the grill, the side window trim (chrome), and the polished wheels with Flexidip. So far, after 3 months and driving in a lot of rain it is holding up well. It is easy to spot fix if it does get damaged. Using Flexidip really cuts down on masking as you can have overspray on the paint and it simply lifts off.

I am so anti chrome I even did the exhaust pipe tips and they have held up very well.

post-37173-0-27270800-1449369970_thumb.jpg

post-37173-0-70362700-1449369995_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Did you completely remove the grill before painting it Dooley? If so how hard was it to take down?

I have an SEL and painted the grill, the side window trim (chrome), and the polished wheels with Flexidip. So far, after 3 months and driving in a lot of rain it is holding up well. It is easy to spot fix if it does get damaged. Using Flexidip really cuts down on masking as you can have overspray on the paint and it simply lifts off.

I am so anti chrome I even did the exhaust pipe tips and they have held up very well.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

How did you manage to get the headlight trim off with that screw being behind the fender?

I just did the matte black plasti dip on the grill and headlight trim and it looks fantastic. The entire bumper cover is super easy to remove and replace.

20170402_105031.jpg

Edited by Jtherres