VBOX TESTED: 0-60 w/ 93 PERF TUNE vs. RPM

GT500R

Stage 3 Audi B5 S4's make 420+HP, and coincidentally are 2.7 twin turbos. The problem at high boost are intercoolers, and fuel, and...

Un-coincidentally though they are completely different blocks in every which way... compression ratio, VVT, direct injection, etc. etc. etc. is all different.... the only thing they share is 6 cylinders, 4 valves a cylinder and 2.7 L of displacement. Can't compare the two.

Drive train is the 6f55(very tough)..and they have been pushed well past 500 hp and still seem to hold up....now engine internals is the million dollar question, my guess is its going to be very tough with the CGI block!

Agreed. Will they ever make those STi blocks better? :sos:

I hope you guys are right. I sure hope this drivetrain and internals are able to hold up to extra power. Given my past experiences I'm going to let someone "test" this for a little bit before pulling the trigger though :D Perhaps having two extra cylinders does actually make the forces on each one smaller, plus both my STi motors exploded at around 22-24psi, I don't think the edge runs anywhere near that although not sure.

Anyone know the boost increase of the livinois tune?

I have no clue what Subaru is doing anymore. They are still running the same failure prone engine even in the newest STis....

1500 miles and still going very very very well. Car seems to love to accelerate down in the lower mph. Just got a K&N filter and will test to see if any performance gains can be had.

I think boost increase is 3-5 psi.

Only thing I have had an issue and still need to test further is going full throttle from 4th gear to 5th it seems to go back and forth between the gears before going into 5th.... like 4...5...4...5.......

Still hoping Corey can get into LMS to get 3rd gear a bit stronger!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far so good! The K&N filter install was a bit helpful with increased acceleration and works well with the tune. Car has gobs of power, no issues to report this far, went on a quick 1 hour ride on the parkway, set cruise at 65 and go 28.5 mpg :)

I will take a quick video soon of 0-60 to show how quick it is and post it up. I really want LMS to work on fine tuning the 3rd gear meh spot right after the second gear shift (maybe it is the gearing, maybe it's the tuning) but if that gets fixed then we got a low 13's SUV no doubt about it.

• Like 1

I am a little concerned about the transmission part. The one thing I never worried about on my STI LOL. I can't wait to tune, but it will be a while after Christmas, as my bank account needs to recover.

The Edge sport is already darn quick, I am really looking forward to the extra power. I love taking down the occasional street youth at a stoplight here and there.

Ford Explorer got a nice tune revision: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3492590&postcount=43

0-60 in 4.70 seconds wow

That's pretty impressive gains for just a revision!!!

But... while I definitely agree there is an improvement based on the times, it is tough to judge true 0-60 runs without a VBOX or similar device with excellent GPS signal to show elevation from start to finish (slopes) and Hz of the gps device measuring the times as the cell phone devices aren't 100% accurate (though I am not sure what this person used)...

I just found out the livernois tune was available for my 2015 AWD Edge sport and it's on my want list! I saw a video on YouTube of a Sport with a tune running a 13.4@100mph and you can hear the engine go flat after it shifts into 3rd gear. Likely the convertor lockup is killing the power and changing the schedule should improve it greatly. I have a supercharged 03 marauder and I was chasing a similar bog which was my TC locking up and felt like SC belt slip. Now my TC will not lock under WOT and I pulled a 12.4@110 with it.

As for the tune, it was mentioned that I have to purchase the tuner, grab some info from my vehicle which I send to livernois and they will email me several octane tune's similar as to what SCT does?

I live in NYC and traveling out to livernois is not in the cards so does anyone know off hand or from experience if they will send out a general mail tune?

Edited by Blackened

I just found out the livernois tune was available for my 2015 AWD Edge sport and it's on my want list! I saw a video on YouTube of a Sport with a tune running a 13.4@100mph and you can hear the engine go flat after it shifts into 3rd gear. Likely the convertor lockup is killing the power and changing the schedule should improve it greatly. I have a supercharged 03 marauder and I was chasing a similar bog which was my TC locking up and felt like SC belt slip. Now my TC will not lock under WOT and I pulled a 12.4@110 with it.

As for the tune, it was mentioned that I have to purchase the tuner, grab some info from my vehicle which I send to livernois and they will email me several octane tune's similar as to what SCT does?

I live in NYC and traveling out to livernois is not in the cards so does anyone know off hand or from experience if they will send out a general mail tune?

Do you have the link to the YouTube video with the Edge Sport running 13.4@100mph?