Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

2015 Ford Edge SE Front bumper OEM/aftermarket light install

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   edmonton.guy

edmonton.guy

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

Hey all,

I am wondering if someone installed OEM/after market lights on the front bumper of the 2015 Edge SE model. SE trim doesn't have the lights on it from Factory. I want to know if there is wiring already in-place to hook up those lights or no wiring on the SE trim? Any information would be appreciated.

Attached Files

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Vadimus

Vadimus

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 258 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

Absence of fog lights has nothing to do with trim. Neither Titanium nor Sport have fog lights.

Only version having them is 2015 Ford Edge made in/for China

Auto-sales-statistics-China-Ford_Edge-SU

#3 OFFLINE   edmonton.guy

edmonton.guy

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

Well I have seen Ford Edge with those lights here in Canada and also on the ford.ca in the explore features section the Titanium model is shown with the lights.

Check this link:

http://www.ford.ca/c...nav=header-suvs

The picture of the titanium trim shows the bumper lights.

#4 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 822 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:55 AM

You just want the "signature" led light thay the titanium/sport have? There is absolutely nk advantage to having it. I'd honestly wait till a "cool" after market one becomes available. Myself, i'd ditch the LED for an actual fog light.
  • commbubba19 likes this

#5 OFFLINE   edmonton.guy

edmonton.guy

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:22 AM

You just want the "signature" led light thay the titanium/sport have? There is absolutely nk advantage to having it. I'd honestly wait till a "cool" after market one becomes available. Myself, i'd ditch the LED for an actual fog light.

Ya, the LED lights. I understand that they are probably not useful, but the black plastic covering in place of those LED's look very ugly. So I was wondering if the SE trim would have the wiring in place for those lights or I have to run wires. I am thinking of installing those for the time being until there are cool ones available.

#6 OFFLINE   Vadimus

Vadimus

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 258 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:52 AM

Check this one:

http://www.ebay.ca/i...IpWBCXU&vxp=mtr

#7 OFFLINE   rwf78155

rwf78155

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 326 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

Id give it a few months and wait for Dan at daytimebrightlites.com to come out wit h fog/drl lights for the new model Edge.

I put his headlights and drl's on my 2014 and could not be more pleased.

Im sure Dan is working  on them....drop him a line on his website and ask.

Edited by rwf78155, 29 November 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   edmonton.guy

edmonton.guy

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:00 AM

Id give it a few months and wait for Dan at daytimebrightlites.com to come out wit h fog/drl lights for the new model Edge.

I put his headlights and drl's on my 2014 and could not be more pleased.

Im sure Dan is working  on them....drop him a line on his website and ask.

Right, I checked with them. Nothing yet for 2015. But my question is, if I get the OEM LED's, is my SE trim prewired for those and I will just plug the connector to the lights or I will have to run new wiring?

Yes, these are the lights I want to hook up for now. Thanks Vadimus :)

#9 OFFLINE   bvroeg

bvroeg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

Any ideas on how to remove the OEM DRL (signature LED) bezels?

#10 OFFLINE   bvroeg

bvroeg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:43 PM

Ok... Replying to my own post about removing the OEM DRL (signature LED) lights/bezels.  Well, after investigating this on my own, I decided to take my 2016 Edge Titanium to a local body shop.  The end result was that they had to remove the whole front fascia (dozens of screws, clips, etc.) to get to the screws and clips that held the OEM bezels in place.  I replaced the OEM bezels with "direct fit" or so they said, Chinese bezels with LED fog lights for about $120.  Warning... they were not a "direct fit," at least not on a 2016 U.S. version Edge.  While they did pretty much fit in the fascia openings, the clips on the Chinese bezels did not line up with the former OEM clip locations.  In additional, we had to "think outside the box" and trim some of the interior plastic to allow for the fog lights to fit properly.  We were able to hold the new bezels in with 3 screws each from the inside.  In the end, as you can see, it worked out and they look great, but it took more work than anticipated.  The body shop guys were great and only charged me $150 to do the work.

Attached Files

Edited by bvroeg, 11 April 2016 - 09:51 PM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W, omar302, Vadimus and 1 other like this

#11 OFFLINE   bvroeg

bvroeg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

Follow-up to my previous post... Phase 2a - Connecting the halo LEDs on the fog light completed.  Removed the headlights to access the wiring and simply attached the positive and negative wires from the LEDs to the respective wires on the OEM signature light harness and they work!  Phase 2b will be to connect the fog lights, which will require a bit more work.  I purchased a fog light wiring kit with a relay, wired switch, and all the necessary cabling.  I have to find a way through the firewall though.  Any ideas are welcomed!  Another thought would be to find a wiring kit with a remote (wireless) switch, but not sure if one exists.

Attached Files

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#12 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 7,439 posts
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:24 AM

Usually there is a grommet on the firewall near the brake booster that can be used to run additional/custom wiring.  If it does not provide enough access, drilling through is likely the next best option.

#13 OFFLINE   bvroeg

bvroeg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:13 AM

Thanks... I will look for the grommet; would hate to drill a hole in the wrong place! :)  I did find a wireless remote relay system, but it includes a key-fob remote and I was looking for something more "permanent" looking.

#14 OFFLINE   ONEDGE16

ONEDGE16

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

Have you considered replacing the entire light control switch with one that has a fog light control?

http://www.ebay.com/...IpWCZvm&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/...-1W14tM&vxp=mtr

#15 OFFLINE   bvroeg

bvroeg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

Great thought; however, it looks like the ones you linked to are for the Focus/Mustang and the ones in the Edge are different (see photo).  I will check to see if the Chinese Edge OEM controller is available somewhere.  Thanks though!

Attached Files

Edited by bvroeg, 22 April 2016 - 03:41 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 822 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:30 AM

Shit...here I am trying to get rid of these pointless led lights...
  • James Costa likes this

#17 OFFLINE   bvroeg

bvroeg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:27 PM

Phase 2b complete... I found a grommet for the hood release and was able to slip the switch wires along side; not easy, but I used a clothes hanger to get through, slid a Bic pen casing over the clothes hanger and through the grommet, then pulled the wire through with the hanger, after removing the harness clip (to be re-attached later).  It took a couple of tries and the grommet cannot be seen in the engine compartment (the white clothes hanger found its way to a visible location.  So, I wired the whole thing as directed, found the headlight power wire on the headlight harness, and after having to change the order of the wires (removed earlier to pass through the firewall) from the switch to the relay unit, it all works!!!  They are very bright straight on... probably too bright to use all the time. 

Attached Files

Edited by bvroeg, 29 April 2016 - 03:28 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   bvroeg

bvroeg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

Next project: Change the "brushed aluminum" - looking parts on the grille of my 2016 Edge Titanium to gloss black to match the new chrome/gloss black fog light bezels.  The photo prototype is below.  My plan is to use gloss black automotive vinyl wrap, leaving the chrome parts exposed.  Cost is expected to be around $20.  Will have to evaluate whether I can do it with the grille installed or if I have to remove the grille, which will be more complicated.  Hoping this will give my Edge a more aggressive look, without changing it to the Sport grille ($600+).

Attached Files

Edited by bvroeg, 04 May 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#19 OFFLINE   werbs

werbs

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

Hi Barry, Looks real Nice! Just like a Chinese Edge. Did you change the dim low beam headlights from  the stock Halogens. I put the Silver Star Ultras in because I was going to drive it on vacation before I got my HID’s installed. The ultras were much better than stock bulbs, but Sylvania says the average life is 150 hours. The HID’s worked out pretty well in the stock projector style housings. They are cut off nice and clean for the height, and pose no problems for drivers in front of you. The light is a bit scattered and not as defined as the Ultra's, but a small price to pay to see Very Well. If I had the fogs done maybe I wouldn’t have changed them. I called Ford to see if they offered a different bulb, and they said no. They told me they get $60.00 a frikin OEM dim Halogen.

I will wait and see what Dan offer’s. 

Werbs

• bvroeg likes this

#20 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 822 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

Next project: Change the "brushed aluminum" - looking parts on the grille of my 2016 Edge Titanium to gloss black to match the new chrome/gloss black fog light bezels.  The photo prototype is below.  My plan is to use gloss black automotive vinyl wrap, leaving the chrome parts exposed.  Cost is expected to be around $20.  Will have to evaluate whether I can do it with the grille installed or if I have to remove the grille, which will be more complicated.  Hoping this will give my Edge a more aggressive look, without changing it to the Sport grille ($600+).

so you already bought the fog light bezels from China? Mine should be here soon, though I wont finish my build till after August due to traveling throughout the asian pacific region from mid june-august.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users