Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

2015 Ford Edge SE Front bumper OEM/aftermarket light install

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 869 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:34 AM

Hi Barry, Looks real Nice! Just like a Chinese Edge. Did you change the dim low beam headlights from  the stock Halogens. I put the Silver Star Ultras in because I was going to drive it on vacation before I got my HID’s installed. The ultras were much better than stock bulbs, but Sylvania says the average life is 150 hours. The HID’s worked out pretty well in the stock projector style housings. They are cut off nice and clean for the height, and pose no problems for drivers in front of you. The light is a bit scattered and not as defined as the Ultra's, but a small price to pay to see Very Well. If I had the fogs done maybe I wouldn’t have changed them. I called Ford to see if they offered a different bulb, and they said no. They told me they get $60.00 a frikin OEM dim Halogen.

I will wait and see what Dan offer’s. 

Werbs

well I could tell you why the light isn't as refined with the HID but that's just going to open the flood gates for everybody else too. Silver Stars are HORRIBLE halogen bulbs. They have a short life span due to being engineered to run at their peak at all times. kinda like over clocking a computer.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:37 AM

actually answered my question going back looking through the thread. I see you bought the generic projectors with the halos on them. What size are the projectors? I have the Fog Light Bezel en route and I'm trying to figure out which xb led or jw speaker fog light set to go with depending upon size.

#23 OFFLINE   bvroeg

bvroeg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:45 AM

Hi Werbs... The Titanium already has HIDs, so no changes necessary.  Mine also has auto-hi beams, so once set, the hi beams will come on where there is no oncoming traffic and go out when traffic approaches or when there is a car ahead (I think).  Not crazy about that feature.  I guess it would be good on country roads with very little light and visibility.

Hi Nick... Yes I purchased the bezels from China.  I was a bit skeptical, but they were delivered in under a week.  If you didn't do so already, read my warning about the fit; they fit in the bumper/fascia openings, but the clips on the Chinese bezels will not latch to anything inside.  I have to take my headlights out again to finalize the wiring (wrap in plastic loom), so I will take some photos of what I had to cut out (yes, cut out) to make the fogs fit and where I attached the Chinese bezels to the fascia.  You will have to remove the whole bumper/fascia to remove the OEM signature lights.  Also, depending on the fog lights you select, you may have trouble mounting them to anything in the fascia.  I mounted mine to the bezel with double-sided 3M automotive tape and silicone adhesive, and electrical tape to seal the gap between the "3-inch" Chinese fog light lens and the "3-inch" opening in the Chinese bezel.  Not exact, to say the least.  Ideally, a slightly larger fog light (3 1/4") would be better and preferably one that can be aimed.  I did mine more for the looks, but if you plan on using them regularly, you may want to spend more time getting the perfect lights.  Just my 2 cents!

Attached Files

Edited by bvroeg, 05 May 2016 - 05:22 PM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#24 OFFLINE   bvroeg

bvroeg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

Took the right (driver's side) headlight to finish up some wiring (photos posted below).  Cannot see where the bezels are attached to fascia, unfortunately, without pulling the fascia back (off)... Sorry Nick.  Now that I know how to do it, it isn't a big deal.  If you're interested in doing that, remove the wheel well screws and a few screws and bolts under the fascia.  There is a clip that holds the grille and fascia that is easily unlatched, then you can pull the fascia forward to see the back of the fascia where the bezel is attached.  On the OEM bezel, there are 2 screws that can be reached that way, but I could not reach the clips that hold the bezel in place (had to remove the whole bumper/fascia to get to those.  Anyway, the wiring photos are below.

Attached Files

#25 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

Ok...that makes me want to wait now. I hate my signature LEDs and already have an idea for a custom sequential led drl/turn signal. Ive also been searching for the brackets needed to hold the fogs with my search of the bezels. Member of FEWW that works in the plant building the edges keeps telling me to wait patiently to do my fog light conversation so I guess I will take his advice.

#26 OFFLINE   bvroeg

bvroeg

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:06 PM

Understandable, Nick!  It would be great to have an American conversion kit, similar to the Chinese, but with shallow fog lights so that they fit in the OEM space and are secured by the same OEM clips.  You can't get around removing the whole fascia, however.  I originally thought I could simply "pop out" the OEM lights and "pop in" the replacements, but no way.  Let me know how you make out when/if you decide to do it.

#27 OFFLINE   werbs

werbs

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

Hi Nick, I know how you feel about HID's from previous posts. They do exactly what I need them to do, and light the sides of the road which the OEM Halogens didn't until something better comes along. Is it possible to buy projectors for Hid exclusive??? I would be happy to get those! It was complete lack of engineering on the Platinum Edge not to have HID's. I have the platinum version which you would have thought would be standard on. 

Werbs

#28 OFFLINE   edmonton.guy

edmonton.guy

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

Guys I want to add the signature lights to my SE trim which doesn't have those. Does anyone know if the SE trim is pre-wired for those lights to be attached or I have to run wires and install a switch?

#29 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:29 AM

Hi Nick, I know how you feel about HID's from previous posts. They do exactly what I need them to do, and light the sides of the road which the OEM Halogens didn't until something better comes along. Is it possible to buy projectors for Hid exclusive??? I would be happy to get those! It was complete lack of engineering on the Platinum Edge not to have HID's. I have the platinum version which you would have thought would be standard on. 

Werbs

yes you can buy HID projectors, that's called a retrofit. though you would have to bake open you headlights and do some dremeling to get things to fit

#30 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

Guys I want to add the signature lights to my SE trim which doesn't have those. Does anyone know if the SE trim is pre-wired for those lights to be attached or I have to run wires and install a switch?

doubt it

#31 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:32 AM

Understandable, Nick!  It would be great to have an American conversion kit, similar to the Chinese, but with shallow fog lights so that they fit in the OEM space and are secured by the same OEM clips.  You can't get around removing the whole fascia, however.  I originally thought I could simply "pop out" the OEM lights and "pop in" the replacements, but no way.  Let me know how you make out when/if you decide to do it.

yeah, whenever I do it, I'm installing these
https://www.theretro...ml#.VywsJvkrLIU

#32 OFFLINE   rs3000

rs3000

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:55 PM

Hi guys! I know this is an old thread, but I would like to know if anybody here has successfully installed the signature LEDs on the SE trim. Any input on how easy/difficult it is to install is greatly appreciated.  :victory:

#33 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:26 AM

it's actually very easy, as the signature LED lights are just wired to a single power source. Now you might not have them work like we do "dim when lights are on" but I really don't think thats an issue, wish mine stayed bright. 

#34 OFFLINE   edmonton.guy

edmonton.guy

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 24 posts
  • Region:Canada Prairie Provinces

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

Hi guys! I know this is an old thread, but I would like to know if anybody here has successfully installed the signature LEDs on the SE trim. Any input on how easy/difficult it is to install is greatly appreciated.  :victory:

Were you able to install the signature LED's to your SE?

#35 OFFLINE   scorpionking0102

scorpionking0102

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:33 AM

The Chinese version, I believe is a carbon copy of the UK version. Although, I'm not sure where they are built. They also have "rear" fog lights in the rear fascia. They are the two outside rear reflectors. If you have good relations with a good Ford parts person, maybe he could do research and find these within the Ford Edges parts system with the additional wiring harness . 

#36 OFFLINE   Nick Halstead

Nick Halstead

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Facebook Member
  • 869 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:48 AM

The Chinese version, I believe is a carbon copy of the UK version. Although, I'm not sure where they are built. They also have "rear" fog lights in the rear fascia. They are the two outside rear reflectors. If you have good relations with a good Ford parts person, maybe he could do research and find these within the Ford Edges parts system with the additional wiring harness . 

Chinese Edge has a 3rd row and seats 7. Body wise, the UK/North American Edge is the same.

#37 OFFLINE   scorpionking0102

scorpionking0102

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

I'm not a big fan of the DRL on my 2016 Sport also. I makes no sense to me why Ford doesn't offer the DRL/Fog set-up like on the Chinese or UK version.

I did find a site which offers DRL's with the option of installing foglights.It looks the same as the Chinese version, and they are supposed to be a direct fit.

But, Im going to wait and see if Drivebright will offer them in the near future. The website for the ones i found is

http://store.ijdmtoy...mps-p/70-803.ht

Also the two outermost reflectors on the rear facsia are removable and replaced with the red fog lights. As on the Chinese version.

• omar302 likes this

#38 OFFLINE   gjb89

gjb89

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 329 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:28 PM

I'm not a big fan of the DRL on my 2016 Sport also. I makes no sense to me why Ford doesn't offer the DRL/Fog set-up like on the Chinese or UK version.
I did find a site which offers DRL's with the option of installing foglights.It looks the same as the Chinese version, and they are supposed to be a direct fit.
But, Im going to wait and see if Drivebright will offer them in the near future. The website for the ones i found is

http://store.ijdmtoy...mps-p/70-803.ht

Also the two outermost reflectors on the rear facsia are removable and replaced with the red fog lights. As on the Chinese version.

Notice all their pictures are foreign type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users