CAI

built2prfctn

Absolutely. Unless you want to keep accordion sections. We will use high grade aluminum and powder coat a color or leave raw aluminum look. Will include silicone couplers, band clamps, and air filter. I called all the vendors today including Roush, Steeda, K&N, and Airraid. None have plans for the Edge.

• Like 2

Just bought Edge Sport. I have a race shop where we custom fab intakes and exhaust. Would any of you be interested in a kit? I will get the shop to make one and post some pics. Estimate labor and material to be around $400? I have done the same with Hyundai Rspec vehicles. I can powder coat our kits to any color you want. Email if you want. EMP@enhancedmotorsports.com

I'd be game!

• 7 months later...

The issue I would have with that is that those metal intakes can really absorb and hold a lot of heat. It would look nice though. On a hot day driving in rush hour traffic, the intake could get seriously hot.

Spot on. Heat soak on this engine is a bad deal. I'm also a bit reluctant to use the KN ultra low protection paper and oil filters. Going hotter and with less protection is a frag waiting to happen.

Flipside being, metal intakes will dissipate heat quicker and plastic intakes will hold in heat longer. What value that has to you depends on the driving conditions you are addressing. If trying to address the engine bay heat issue through CAI, you can try lining the inside of the box with insulation. Hard to do with the tube tho, so the insulation would have to be on the outside. You CAN choose materials with far better heat rejection than the typical thermoplastic, but you have to have $$$ or access to said materials as part of a shop operation.

I've got this one : aFe Power 31-10260 Magnum FLOW Performance Air Filter (Dry, 3-Layer) non-oiled, also fits the fusion sport i believe

Can someone please tell me which AFE filter, or other air filter, fits the 2.7L Ecoboost?

There's a lot of conflicting info out there and none of the sites seem to recognize fitment for the Edge Sport.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Have created the V3 Cold Air Intake for the Edge ST , Edge Sport and the Lincoln Nautilus with the 2.7EB.  Available  with or with out an Auxiliary Air Intake that removes any snorkel restrictions while providing cool clean air to the engine.

To order PM me. You must be a forum member to order. 

The standard V3 CAI installed in a 2016 Edge Sport

V3 TOP- VIEW & SENSOR.jpg

The V3 Cold Air Intake with the optional Aux Air Intake

IMG_9279.JPGThis is the complete Cold Air Intake V2, V3 system with the V2 Ram Air in the foreground.  

For more info on the V3 go here :                    

For more info on the V2 Ram Air go here. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1