Buzz at fuse box when Head Lights are on

Harleydude24

Hi,

I just purchased a used 2009 Edge driving home last night a Loud Buzzing noise began to come from around or behind my fuse fuse block located behind the lower left drivers side kick panel, when my Headlights are on. It only happens when the lights are on. I was able to stop it by pulling a 10A fuse can anyone tell me what the buzzing is? All the lights, turn signals, everything seems to still work after pulling the fuse.

Does anyone know what the issue is???

Thanks

My guess is the SJB is either loose on its mounting or failing. The headlight circuit is fed through the use of a FET and produces a pulse modulated voltage to the headlights. It's 100% for regular headlight use, 50%for DRL.

About the only thing you can do is check to see if the SJB (fusebox) is loose. Otherwise you will need to get the codes pulled. If the circuit is failing, it should set a code.

If the SJB is failing, all you do is replace it. I would guess that the headlight controller could be the problem, but again you would need to pull the codes.

Edited by enigma-2

Thanks guys,

The SBJ (Fuse Block?) is secure, In regards to the fuse I pulled it was #24 I think, middle row, 3rd horizontal fuse from the bottom, Above the 2-verticle fuses. The vehicle did not come with the fuse panel/kick cover so I'm going off a printed internet diagram which says fuse #24 should be a 20A for Parking lights. It was a 10A & my parking lights still work with the fuse pulled as do my turn signals??

It Buzzes in Both Auto & Manual light switch positions

Thanks guys,

The SBJ (Fuse Block?) is secure, In regards to the fuse I pulled it was #24 I think, middle row, 3rd horizontal fuse from the bottom, Above the 2-verticle fuses. The vehicle did not come with the fuse panel/kick cover so I'm going off a printed internet diagram which says fuse #24 should be a 20A for Parking lights. It was a 10A & my parking lights still work with the fuse pulled as do my turn signals??

It Buzzes in Both Auto & Manual light switch positions

The fuses are detailed in the owner's manual (page 246) - no need to download anything from the internet. That is fuse #24 but it's the Horn Relay not Parking Lights. If you don't have the paper owner's manual you can download one from www.motorcraftservices.com or owner.ford.com.

• Like 1

If the horn does not work with the fuse pulled, the horn is likely defective and needs replacement. But any of these can be the culprit:

• Fuse
  • Circuitry
  • Horn
  • Clockspring
  • Steering wheel switch harness
  • Horn switches (part of the steering wheel)
  • Smart junction box (SJB)

Horn

post-23566-0-78798700-1449766630_thumb.gif

Item Part Number Description

1 W706805 Front fender splash shield screws (RH) (5 required)

2 — Horn electrical connector (part of 14290)

3 W605784 Horn bolt

4 13832 Horn

Removal and Installation

1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Section 100-02 .
  1. Remove the 5 RH front fender splash shield screws.
    • Pull the RH front fender splash shield downward to access the horn.
  1. Disconnect the electrical connector.
  1. Remove the bolt and the horn.
    • To install, tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

If the horn does not work with the fuse pulled, the horn is likely defective and needs replacement. But any of these can be the culprit:

• Fuse
  • Circuitry
  • Horn
  • Clockspring
  • Steering wheel switch harness
  • Horn switches (part of the steering wheel)
  • Smart junction box (SJB)

Horn

attachicon.gif2007 Ford Edge Horn.gif

Item Part Number Description

1 W706805 Front fender splash shield screws (RH) (5 required)

2 — Horn electrical connector (part of 14290)

3 W605784 Horn bolt

4 13832 Horn

Removal and Installation

1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Section 100-02 .
  1. Remove the 5 RH front fender splash shield screws.
    • Pull the RH front fender splash shield downward to access the horn.
  1. Disconnect the electrical connector.
  1. Remove the bolt and the horn.
    • To install, tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Thank you!! Great Info I really appreciate it