2015 Edge roof leak @ upper center console - panoramic roof

My 2015 Edge has entered it’s first rainy season. When parked flat, or facing up hill it does not leak. However I back in to my 25 degree sloped driveway and water pours in the center of the roof at the location of the dome light switch/panoramic roof controllers. Fortunately I found it early and was able to put down a blanket to absorb the initial run off. The dealer had it for a week and took it completely apart and thought that the leak was near the rear of the roof and when facing downhill it ran to the roof center console area.

Unfortunately the dealers efforts did not solve the problem as it still leaks under those circumstances. Anyone else had this issue? There are lots leaks reported, but few regarding the roof. The dealer suggested it was a 'sheet metal' problem and leaked into the roof area even if not parked downhill.

• 8 months later...

I had a 2010 Fusion with the moon roof. It also leaked in the same spot when I had the car backed into the drive. It never leaked when the car was pointed up hill. Both of the drain holes were plugged. I fixed it by blowing compressed air (can of computer cleaner). The car was under a year old at the time. Every 6 months or so I continued to blow air down the holes. If you want to check this out just pour water in the track and see if it comes out the tubes that drain under the car near the rear....both sides.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My 2015 Edge has entered its first rainy season. When parked flat, or facing up hill it does not leak. However I back in to my 25 degree sloped driveway and water pours in the center of the roof at the location of the dome light switch/panoramic roof controllers. Fortunately I found it early and was able to put down a blanket to absorb the initial run off. The dealer had it for a week and took it completely apart and thought that the leak was near the rear of the roof and when facing downhill it ran to the roof center console area.

Unfortunately the dealers efforts did not solve the problem as it still leaks under those circumstances. Anyone else had this issue? There are lots leaks reported, but few regarding the roof. The dealer suggested it was a 'sheet metal' problem and leaked into the roof area even if not parked downhill.