So I got my LED turn signal installed

I have just installed LED bulbs on my 2013. I ordered the full set from http://drivebright.com/home/shop/font-rear-led-bulb-pack-headlight-tail-light-turn-signal-and-reverse-lamps/

The tricky part is to get the tail light assembly removed... It looks so easy on Dan's movie. I used gopro suction cup to get some leverage and to avoid sticking any tools between the chassis and the tail light assembly:

edge-led1.jpg

edge-led2.jpg

The package contains 4 resistors. Surprisingly after replacing rear ones I noticed there is no need to apply resistors there... It just works. Plug and play. No "hyperflashing".

edge-led3.jpg

The fun part begins with the front. It takes a while to get the wiring done and connect resistors (my package contained wrong wiring diagrams - for puddle light, so I was on my own here, but the installation is super easy).

Overall around 2 hours effort with minimal set of tools required.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I wouldn't think so as there should be enough load on that wiring to support the LED without them.

I replaced my rears without them (but did need them up front).

Having said that, im skeptical about changing amber leds to red. It may confuse drivers behind you and be a cause of concern. Im sure they'll get the point as it'll be blinking, but I've spent my entire 25+ years behind the wheel looking at amber turn signals.

Edited by candurin

no resistors are needed. I hate seeing people hacking into the wiring system when they don't need to. One trip to the dealer (smooth talking might get it for free) and have them turn off the bulb out indicator.

Or do some research and get an OBDII device with forscan and turn it off yourself. The OBDII will help you with future engine codes and etc anyway

• Like 2

I wouldn't think so as there should be enough load on that wiring to support the LED without them.

I replaced my rears without them (but did need them up front).

Having said that, im skeptical about changing amber leds to red. It may confuse drivers behind you and be a cause of concern. Im sure they'll get the point as it'll be blinking, but I've spent my entire 25+ years behind the wheel looking at amber turn signals.

I thought the same thing but I think a lot of vehicles come with rear turn signals that flash red. I'm gonna pay closer attention for a few days.

Edited by fishx65
  • Like 1

Damn!!! I was clearly having a drunken stupor moment :banghead: ... I have absolutely seen red rear turn indicators and just passed many of them on the way back from picking up our kids.

For some reason in my head I was thinking front amber signals but in the back.

Man... Sorry Fish! i'll be in the back of the room if anyone needs me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

This is my first post to the forum but I've looked through alot of threads. I just installed LED bulbs in my front turn signals, rear turn signals, tail lights, brake lights, back up lights, tag lights, and interior lights. I used Pilot brand LED bulbs that I bought from Walmart. This bulbs are CAN Bus bulbs. I did not have any bulb out indications and the bulbs did not cause any hyperflashing. I did not have to use any load resistors. I am very pleased with the look and brightness of these bulbs. I had to use 3157 for the turn signals even though they call for 3457 or 3757 but I don't see any issues with using the 3157's instead.

The only issue I ran into was with the rear cargo lamp. The festoon style bulbs fit a little loosely causing them to flicker or go off so it just took a pair of needle nose pliers and squeezed the clips closer together so the bulbs fit a little tighter. They work fine now.

• Like 1