Your new 2016 Edge review

20" Touren TR60 rims with P245/50R20 Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 tires and Ford decals.

If you don't mind my asking, what width / offset / hub bore on the wheels? I'm thinking about getting a set for the new 2016 I just ordered?

Thanks!

Anton

Edited by Cougster

If you don't mind my asking, what width / offset / hub bore on the wheels? I'm thinking about getting a set for the new 2016 I just ordered?

Thanks!

Anton

20" x 8.5", 40 mm offset, 72.62 mm hub bore

Hub centric rings are recommended and I believe the oem lug nuts are a tight fit with the center caps. I went with open ended lugs.

Edited by SweetCandyEdge

20" x 8.5", 40 mm offset, 72.62 mm hub bore

Hub centric rings are required and I believe the oem lug nuts are a tight fit with the center caps. I went with open ended lugs.

Hub centric rings are not required! Hubcentric wheels don't support load through the hub, all it does is help to better center the wheel to reduce the chance of vibrations. But tightening the lugs by hand in a star pattern is just as good.

Why would you guys install 20"? doesn't it make your car more noisy and firm?

Aesthetics and performance. Noise from wheels is generally more from the tires due to road noise so a decent set of tires makes a big difference for noise. I find the DM-V2 to be very quiet compared to other winter tires. Larger wheels and tires are generally more expensive and tend to ride more harsh (depending on air pressure) but it's worth it IMO... after all, I did buy the Sport :D.

I picked up my sport on Friday, absolutely love it so far!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing that is annoying is the 2 honks to alert the vehicle is running while key fob is in my pocket. My '11 didn't make this sound. This is truly annoying. I like to park the car the get coffee in morning and leave the car idle for while I run inside the store. But this alert is annoying. Give us an option to turn it off!! Prob won't happen lol. Other than this, the Sport is amazing!

Edited by Manny2525

I picked up my sport on Friday, absolutely love it so far!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing that is annoying is the 2 honks to alert the vehicle is running while key fob is in my pocket. My '11 didn't make this sound. This is truly annoying. I like to park the car the get coffee in morning and leave the car idle for while I run inside the store. But this alert is annoying. Give us an option to turn it off!! Prob won't happen lol. Other than this, the Sport is amazing!

@jmr061 has a mod to disable it on some newer Ford models at his website, http://www.fordpimods.com/double-horn-honk.html

Have a chat with him, he might be able to do it for the Edge.

• Like 1

Took delivery of my SEL January 27, totally dissapointed with the workmanship. After I drove it home, found a couple of major paint defects and broken sun visor clip. Trip back to the dealership, work order open and since been parked in the garage. Scheduled to go in tomorrow to the bodyshop for repairs. While prepping the car today, found another set of paint defects. Total to date is 14 paint defects. Pictures attached of the main ones:

A pillar-driver side

post-38673-0-38591800-1455578130_thumb.jpg

post-38673-0-26389800-1455578185_thumb.jpg

A pillar passenger side

post-38673-0-60271100-1455578249_thumb.jpg

Hood

post-38673-0-67862900-1455578336_thumb.jpg

post-38673-0-23372100-1455578390_thumb.jpg

Tailgate

post-38673-0-77893900-1455578475_thumb.jpg

Broken sun visor clip

post-38673-0-08088000-1455578887_thumb.jpg

Surprising how all of these defects passed quality assurance at the factory and pre-delivery inspection at the dealership.Makes me almost regret trading in my 2013 EDGE

Edited by ONEDGE16

For some reason mine stopped doing the horn honk when I leave it running. It is kind of annoying but it's a safety feature. Too many old people forgetting to turn off their cars while parked in the garage and dying from carbon monoxide poisoning.

For some reason mine stopped doing the horn honk when I leave it running. It is kind of annoying but it's a safety feature. Too many old people forgetting to turn off their cars while parked in the garage and dying from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Today I confirmed with Jason from fordpimods that his technique for disabling the double horn honk should work on the 2016 Edge. At least he confirmed it for my VIN. Now I just need someone or a local dealer willing to apply the change with Ford IDS. Anyone have access to Ford IDS in Ottawa area?

http://www.fordpimods.com/double-horn-honk.html

• Like 1

Took delivery of my SEL January 27, totally dissapointed with the workmanship. After I drove it home, found a couple of major paint defects and broken sun visor clip. Trip back to the dealership, work order open and since been parked in the garage. Scheduled to go in tomorrow to the bodyshop for repairs. While prepping the car today, found another set of paint defects. Total to date is 14 paint defects. Pictures attached of the main ones:

A pillar-driver side

attachicon.gifIMG_20160215_103727.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160215_103722.jpg

A pillar passenger side

attachicon.gifIMG_20160214_094338.jpg

Hood

attachicon.gifIMG_20160215_103924.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20160215_103937.jpg

Tailgate

attachicon.gifIMG_20160215_104415.jpg

Broken sun visor clip

attachicon.gifIMG_20160130_112252.jpg

Surprising how all of these defects passed quality assurance at the factory and pre-delivery inspection at the dealership.Makes me almost regret trading in my 2013 EDGE

That sucks, is it 2016 model?