VBOX TESTED: 93 Oct LMS Tune + K&N Filter + Cold Weather :)

GT500R

So I won't go into the usual shhpeel as I do all my threads. Keep it short and sweet...

7650 miles

93 LMS tune

K&N Filter

Sport Mode

DA: -2200 feet (he he he)

XcL21e7.png

(data directly from vBox Tools website - new best on the 0-60!!!)

Oh and a bonus for those who wanted to see a 0-60 video and watch the lag after 2nd gear (damn 60-70 lag) here it is!

Thanks guys!

Edited by GT500R
  • Like 4

Looks like sport mode shifts from first to second around 6000 rpm. Not sure if in manual mode you can hold it a bit longer or not.

In manual sport mode you can over rev.....so it will hold until you shift(no auto shifting like in drive mode).

It almost looks like 3rd gear is a little to tall(to big of jump in ratio)......still that is dam fast, certainly would get my attention!

Thanks GT500R for all the great info and tests on the tunes......certainly helps when deciding to take the tuner plunge.....some of those numbers getting pretty close to the x5m and srt8.....that tune would certainly get the attention of someone with an srt8's. would love to see the look on some of their faces when the edge is hangin with them light to light....theyd be "WTF"!!!!

It would be interesting to see what a meth kit would do for the edge....and some more tuning.

Edited by cds71

Thanks GT500R for all the great info and tests on the tunes......certainly helps when deciding to take the tuner plunge.....some of those numbers getting pretty close to the x5m and srt8.....that tune would certainly get the attention of someone with an srt8's. would love to see the look on some of their faces when the edge is hangin with them light to light....theyd be "WTF"!!!!

It would be interesting to see what a meth kit would do for the edge....and some more tuning.

Sure thing, I kinda enjoy this type of testing. I always wanted to know what real world numbers are and when modifications are done, what type of performance gains can be had. Not just being like I gained 302234 hp on the dyno, and people always want to know speed difference to actually show gains but nobody does it... Which is why I got the VBOX, to get the best results based on modifications.

Interestingly enough LMS just uploaded a new tune for me to try out (91 octane, more aggressive then the current tune) which I am excited to test out.

I am also extremely interested to see what meth can do for the Edge as I hear some nice can (30+hp) be acheived.

Just to provide some insight on the 60-70 lag, here is a visual representation on what is happening. After the car shift into third at 60 mph there is a lag. What should happen is the seconds graph should go up incrementally due to drag and weight all other things equal. So as you increase in speed, your next 10 mph block shouldn't be faster then your previous block (again all things being equal). What is happening in the Edge with the LMS tune is the 60-70 is just as fast as the 70-80 which is costing around .2 seconds. If LMS can straighten this out it may take that .2 seconds out of the equation and provide a faster 1/4 mile time.

J46Xgfi.png

The one thing I do wish Ford used was a PDK / DSG / STronic / etc whatever dual clutch trans that shifted faster then the current trans as you could get a launch control and shift faster which would get a couple tenths off the 1/4.

Google for Ford PowerShift, a dual clutch AT developed by Getrag.

BTW Getrag has been recently acquired by Magna International Inc. (TSX: MG, NYSE: MGA). Go Canada Go! LOL

aJSvTB4.png

Hmmmmmm . . . new software to test :happy feet:

Nice :)

I've been running the 91 tune since getting the livernois device last week (mainly based on your reviews and testing :) ) and really liking it.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the new 91 map.

Edited by redlancer

Nice :)

I've been running the 91 tune since getting the livernois device last week (mainly based on your reviews and testing :) ) and really liking it.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the new 91 map.

Glad to hear you got a tune!

Only driven 15 miles with it but I can see already the shifts are actually quicker AND smoother then the other tune.... time will tell on how it performs also :)