Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

Film on 20 in chrome wheels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bubbadewsky

bubbadewsky

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2014

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

I noticed after washing the wheels there was an ugly film probably road grime and brake dust,  even looked like a little oxidation.  Started to panic after reading a few horror stories on the interned about wheel cleaners.  I just used a soft cloth and some gasoline (yes I know its dangerous)  the wheels look good as new with little effort. 

Edited by bubbadewsky, 17 January 2016 - 02:34 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   unca waldo

unca waldo

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 35 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

If your wheels are chrome, and not polished, you can clean them with window cleaner... I usually add a little extra ammonia to the mix.  It'll cut through the grunge, without having to resort to gasoline or other nasty stuff.

I usually put a coat of wax on the wheels at every wash, it only takes five minutes and even though brake heat evaporates the wax within a couple of days, it helps keep some of the stickier road grime from getting a good hold on the wheel.   

#3 OFFLINE   CinnamonEdge

CinnamonEdge

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 295 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2012

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:59 PM

I wax mine every other wash with a synthetic wax. It helps repel dust and makes it easy to clean.  In the winter months it protects the wheels from the road salts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users