Which Touch Up Paint For Scratches?

Acupuncture

Hey guys. Noticed about a 3 inch long scratch on the back of my Edge, right near the hatch door. It's not extremely noticeable, but I'd like to maybe put some high quality touch up paint or something to get rid of the scratch. What do you recommend? Thanks!

Hi Acupuncture. I would recommend you go to your local Ford Dealer (or call the Parts Department of several for the best price) and purchase the Ford touch-up paint. Be sure to know the Factory name of your paint color, or you can find the paint code off of the sticker on the drivers side door jamb.

I purchased the one which has both a pen applicator and a brush included.

They usually sell for about $8-$10.

You can also try to match it with an aftermarket touch-up paint, but I prefer the Ford touch-up paint.

Good luck!

Edited by bbf2530

Hi Acupuncture. I would recommend you go to your local Ford Dealer (or call the Parts Department of several for the best price) and purchase the Ford touch-up paint. Be sure to know the Factory name of your paint color, or you can find the paint code off of the sticker on the drivers side door jamb.

I purchased the one which has both a pen applicator and a brush included.

They usually sell for about $8-$10.

You can also try to match it with an aftermarket touch-up paint, but I prefer the Ford touch-up paint.

Good luck!

Thanks very much!

Was the paint very noticeable on the car compared to the original car paint? I've seen a couple of "touch up" jobs done by a few car owners, and sometimes the new paint looks worse than the scratch :lol:

Edited by Acupuncture

Thanks very much!

Was the paint very noticeable on the car compared to the original car paint? I've seen a couple of "touch up" jobs done by a few car owners, and sometimes the new paint looks worse than the scratch :lol:

Hi Acupuncture. :D Like anything else in life, it all depends on the amount of love and care you put into it, and the knowledge you have about the job.

I am very careful about the treatment of my cars, and take pride in their appearance. If you take the time to research and ask questions about how to touch up scratches and nicks correctly, it will look very good. If you just slap it on in the sun on a hot sunny day, or on a cold winters day, it will look horrible. It all depends on you.

Also, we do not know just how deep the scratches actually are. You may not even need to touch it up with paint. Perhaps it can be compounded out.

In addition, there is only so much you can do with touch up paint. Sometimes you may need a professional to do the repairs.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530