VBOX TESTED: 91 LMS/K&N FILTER AGGRESSIVE + SHIFT TUNE

GT500R

• 2 weeks later...

So I had the opportunity to test out the 91 aggressive tune plus firmer shifting tune from LMS

"The transmission tune has firmer shifting and an overall more aggressive shift strategy which is the primary changes to the tune. The 93 tune would still have more timing advance because of the higher octane." - LMS

Impressions of the 91 agr. tune: the shifting is actually better then the current offering of tunes! Shifting is very quick (almost like my DSG VW, but not quite) and CRISP, there is no clunking, banging, etc. from the shift strategy on this tune - which the other 93 tune doesn't really clunk, but I feel like it sometimes bangs into the next gear on full throttle and I feel it can be a bit smoother. Normal "D" is very nice with the shifts also, crisp and clean. I think there is a bit more aggressive tuning (timing) in this tune based on the canned tune but I am not 100% certain. Either way I ran three times and had very similar results each run. It seems that this tune is just a SMIDGE slower then the 93 can tune (pretty cool). I now want the shift strategy on my 93 tune! DA was pretty much same for all runs for both tunes (-2200 DA)

TbWwDtU.png

I am not sure if I should keep posting these threads or should just create one big VBOX thread to sticky or keep updating? Do you guys mind these many updates?

Thanks.

I just wanted to say I appreciate all the time and effort you put into your data gathering and subsequent posts.

Did you ever get the 93 Octane Aggressive Tune? If so, any updates?

PS The fact that this topic was moved to the the Transaxle FWD only subforum seems very odd as the 2015+ Edge Sport is AWD only.

Edited by Bamm1

2016 is AWD only, can still get 15 FWD.

0-60 was 4.846 on 93 no roll out as posted on FB.

I just wanted to say I appreciate all the time and effort you put into your data gathering and subsequent posts.

Did you ever get the 93 Octane Aggressive Tune? If so, any updates?

PS The fact that this topic was moved to the the Transaxle FWD only subforum seems very odd as the 2015+ Edge Sport is AWD only.

I just got my LMS tune installed on my 15 Edge Sport. I am running the 91 performance tune seeing as that is the best fuel we can get here in Colorado. I may inquire about the aggressive shift tune in a while. I am also about 5000ft elevation. The tune was easy to install and LMS was quick about getting me my tuner and tunes. So far I am quite pleased with them.

First impressions of the tune... I love it. I was only able to take about a 10 minute drive, but it is very noticeable. You really can spin tires on pavement. My first launch spun my tires, and I giggled. It was awesome. I was able to take it up to about 110mph and also did not have that strange transmission shift.

For comparison purposes. I was/am a Subaru guy as well, and I have had 5 tuned Subarus. I had a 2005 Leagcy gt, 2010 Forester XT, 2005 WRX, 2012 WRX, and an 2015 STI. I had run at least a stage 1 tune at least on each of those. (stage 1 meaning engine tune only) I can say that most of the time i just could not tell much of a difference with a just a tune. Perhaps it was a little quicker and smoother, but it was hard to tell. Not so much with the Edge. I noticed an immediate and very noticeable difference. I quite enjoy this Edge. Sure it cant corner like my STI, but for a compromise for a full time dad car, it is great.