Cracked Touchscreen Replacement? ID numbers?

bentz6

Hey guys I'm looking for a little insight on replacing the touch screen in a 2013 Lincoln Mkx. From research I'm finding the touch screens have different ID numbers. What is the difference from one to the next? The ID number required for this vehicle is BT4T-18B955-AD. There are ID numbers that end in AA, AB and AC, would they also work for this vehicle? What should the difference be? The vehicle is my mother in laws and she said when turning her heated seat on she touched the screen and it cracked at the touch of her finger. After taking it to Lincoln they keep trying to blame it on impact. 60 year old women don't usually punch their touchscreens... So now Ford wants $1600 for a new screen that they won't cover under warranty. But I'm not paying that for a flipping touch screen how ridiculous, and of course its their word over ours on how it broke. So now she is driving a vehicle that she can't even turn her heated steering wheel or seats on.

Have you tried contacting FordServiceCA on here? They may be able to provide more assistance than you have received so far. One more post, and you will be able to PM them with your info/the MKX's info so they can look into it. If you have a case # already, let them know.

LKQ has a used part listed on EBay for $375 U.S. In one of the images, it is noted: "Scrap Part if Dropped."

More used units here:

https://www.hollanderparts.com/used-auto-parts/2014/ford/edge/electrical/594~info-gps-tv-screen/594-01340~front,%20center%20dash%20mounted,%208%22%20touch%20screen,%20thru%2004-08-14,%20id%20bt4t-18b955-ad

Not sure what the difference might be. Sometimes the version numbers are simply batch run updates, or there may be a supplier change, or an actual design change.