2015+ common area - a place to say anything (feel free to pin)

That smell seems to be gone, but let's see if it truly gone for good. Another question; I can't seem to find a menu that controls the duration timer on the marker lights after the door is closed. Seems like the lights stay on at least 30 seconds every time the door is opened. I would like to drop that time down to 10 or 15 seconds if possible. All things considered I could turn them off entirely (if I could) and not be bothered.

I find it hard to believe it is this on a vehicle so new, besides it smells nothing like mildew or mold.

Gasoline with a high sulphur content car smell pretty rotten until you get through it. Comes and goes, could have been what you pulled in through the AC.

As a secondary question: Do your electric fans run on initial start-up even when the vehicle is cold?

Not that I noticed. Edited by enigma-2

• 2 months later...

Soooooooo many problems with the newly redesigned Edge ...... sunroof, water leaks, windows breaking, AC/Heat, backup camera...and more !

Reminds me when I got my newly redesigned Corvette.......more time in the shop then in my garage.

You'd think Ford would have cleaned up the gremlins by now but my neighbors new edge has been back to the shop 3 times in the 6 months they have owned it !

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I bought one of the first 2015 Ford Edge Titaniums built on day 2 on 02/29/15. I have the following issues that Ford cannot solve:

1. The sensors around the car go off when nothing is near me. Ford says since the default is Self Park on, it is overloading the computer thus making the sensors to fail. They have no fix for this.

2. The rear liftgate has closed 5 times with people loading things when no one has placed their feet under the bumper. The first time it happened to me and there was no safety to stop it from closing on me. Ford cannot find problem with this issue. This could be dangerous if it just closed if a little kid was there.

Is anyone else having any of these issues. Mine is a loaded Titanium with sticker $46,900

I took my car to 3 dealers for these issues plus others and they could not find out what was wrong.

Two dealers had it for a week each.

Another issue I had was 5 lights on dash went on, ABS, Service Advance Trac, and 3 others and no codes were set so

they could not find the issues. One comment a dealer made was that sometimes the codes go away after a week.

the ONLY time I have the liftgate due odd things is when the fob is in my pocket and I am doing my routine saturday washing. The liftgate will open on me if I'm within range and the hose slides under the car, I have also had it close on me while detailing the hinges of the rear hatch, but I think my feet just got a lil too far under

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

FYI:

Apr 11 2018 6335 - 2015-2018 Edge and 2016-2018 MKX - Interior Quarter Trim Cargo Net Hook Replacement

Some 2015-2018 Edge and 2016-2018 MKX vehicles may require the replacement of the interior quarter trim cargo net hook. The cargo net hook can be serviced separately and no longer requires replacement of the interior quarter trim panel - Edge: H2GZ-78454A46-AA (Ebony), MKX: H2GZ-78454A46-BA (Coffee), H2GZ-78454A46-BB (Quartz), H2GZ-78454A46-BC (Black), H2GZ-78454A46-BD

Sorry everyone, I didn't check these part numbers before posting, I couldn't find them online.

Edited by Xtxman
  • Like 1