Why did you choose an Edge

Bdoepke

I spent about 1.5 years researching vehicles to replace our 07 Honda Civic EX. We needed something bigger and with modern comforts and amenities, but also reliable and affordable. The in-laws are a Ford family and have lots of experience with Ford longevity. Apple Carplay, Spotify, and Memory Seats features were high on the list of must-have features, too, so Sync 3 is a top contender for infotainment. (Still waiting on the Carplay upgrade.)

The competitor vehicles we looked at were Nissan Murano (Poor design, good tech) and Honda Pilot (Good tech, too big, $$$.) The Edge also has more attractive styling and comes loaded with tech at an affordable price. And, with the Sync3 software updates I think it will also stay current with new features over the years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first Edge was a '13 sport I bought in January of '13. I was interested in them originally because the look caught my attention. When it came time to buy a new vehicle, it came down to styling, features, and price. Other than Kia, to get what the Edge provided at the time you were looking at $50k+ or very near it. I've had Mercedes, BMW, and a Range Rover Sport, and got tired of the problems and expensive routine maintenance. At the end of the day I felt the Edge was the best value and I liked it so well I didn't have a second thought when I sold the '13 and bought a '16 which I am liking even better.

It was a compromise with my Wife. We both like performance vehicles, but we hadn't had something "nice" to drive for a while, and weren't ready for a "sports car." The Edge Sport has all the looks and the engine to back it (even though it weighs 4,000+ pounds.) I consistently get 20+ MPGs, enjoy the interior, and nothing matches it's looks for the price point.

• 2 weeks later...

Was driving through the dealer lot the other day in our Escape, and she says that looks pretty. I got out and looked, it was a 2010 with only 38,000 miles on it. I called up the dealer the next day and brought it home that night for a test drive. '08 Escape had 116,000 miles on it and was starting to show signs of rust. Made a heck of a trade on it. An older local couple owned the Edge and they didn't drive much. Only problem with it was a chip in the windshield, which dealer is fixing today. And the FM radio is staticy. I told the dealer and they looked it over in the shop, but it worked there, We left and it started again. He said they'll look into it since we made the deal with a fixed glass and working radio. It's got sync and navigation, almost as the antennae wire is loose or something.

I bought mine because my 2001 GMC Yukon Denali was approaching 200,000 miles and something new would go wrong with it every week. My wife had a 2009 Escape for a few years and I really liked that truck, due to the fact I felt I needed to downsize, only one riding in my vehicle 95% of the time, and I never really towed anything with it. Wife totaled the Escape and got a 2011 Edge Limited. I really thought about getting an Escape but they changed the design, I think they look too small now in my opinion, the Edge I thought would be perfect for me. Then they changed the design of that for 15 which I really didn't like as well compared to the 11-14 design. So because I didn't want to buy a used one found a brand new 2014 Edge Sport loaded down in Nebraska in December of 2015 with only a 100 miles on it, drove down there and bought it after I got them to come down 8K from sticker price on it.

Coming out of a G37s I was dreading getting an SUV until I found the Edge Sport. Personally just tge right size, 307hp, a responsive paddle shist trans, and the mean looking black grill with the 22's, by far the best handling SUV had me sold the first time I drove it.

Love the huge panoramic sunroof, the MFT, and having both rear seats along with front passenger all fold completely flat were big perks

• 2 weeks later...

I chose a Ford Edge after driving my Fathers 07 Edge SEL around British Columbia, Great handling in the corners and power on the straights. The only thing i did not like about it was the white dashboard, it caused brutal glare if the sun hit the right way and your sun glasses are not in the vehicle. Anyhow, I was in the market for a new vehicle, Checked out the the 2016 Ford Escape Titanium but found it too small for me. Time to adjust the budget and look for a larger ride, Enter the Edge, the dealer only had SE and SEL on the lot. I took an SEL for a test drive. Nice ride. Checked around for a dealer in the city that had Sports on the lot, no one had any. So I started to research 2016 Edge Sports on this site and others. Throwing chance to the wind I ordered a fully loaded 2016 Edge Sport in Early April, and should be getting it very soon. I cannot wait to take it for a first drive.