K&N Air Filter For 2016 Sport??

bmwta

How come Xtra's intake has some kind of sensor plugged into the intake and Dehcure82"s does not?

You have to have the Sensor in place for proper air fuel mix. Other Names: Air Intake Temp Sensor, Air Mass Sensor, Air Temp Sensor, Sensor Assembly. Dehcure82 must have the Sensor mounted on the side of his air box or his car would not run correctly The socks over his filters are unnecessary though. They are designed for use on dirt track racing or off road where gunk or mud can clog or stick to the filter. You can pull into the pits and change the socks faster and cheaper than replacing filters. They do not hurt anything and if Dehcure82 likes them then thats fine, no harm.

Edited by Xtra

The better question is even if it does, why bother?

because of how freakin hot it is under the hood. and because if i can find a way to add 5 ponies on something i drive, i'll try it. if i lose a 1/4 mile race by a half a car, you can bet i'll buy a cold air intake so it doesn't happen again. and then i'll take the kids to soccer practice.

• Like 1