Anyone Replace Their Sony Speakers?

• 3 months later...

I replaced it with one of these, it's a drop in:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R3022CX/Infinity-Reference-REF-3022cfx.html?tp=96

Infinity Reference REF-3022cfx

It helps a lot create a better sound stage.

By the way, the stock speakers in Edge 2016 9 speaker system are ABYSMALLY BAD.

The magnets are so small, the speakers are so bad.

Use a plastic prying bar to move upwards the plastic dash covering the speaker.

It can be done without disarming everything, just remove the cover, take out old speaker and put new one in.

You will be VERY surprised when you see how bad are the stock speakers :)

Be careful when putting back the dash over the speaker, do not push it all the way down or it may cut the speakers suspension.

Edited by Damir Čolak

• 5 weeks later...

So what sort of results have be reported from the speaker exchanges that are posted above? Are the Focal's the only door speakers that have been used? Damir, did you use Infinity speakers in the doors as well as the dash? I checked out a pair of Focal's in a auto audio shop and they did sound amazing, but they were being driven by a 100 watt amp and I suspect that helped the sound quality a lot. I am looking for options...

My system sounds fantastic. I picked the Focals in part because they were reported to sound good with low power levels. Not sure what we are getting from the amp, but I know it is not a lot. The system now has decent balance where the Sony speakers were impossible to get them sounding good. Highs are crisp, midrange is clear, and the door woofers pound pretty well.

• 3 weeks later...