2015 Remote Start Options, Help Please

Hello,

New to the forum and need some help, I have a 2015 Edge Titanium with Intelligent Access, Push to Start, and want to add a "Ford" remote start system.

I've read through some of the threads and did some research on the remote start install and have a few questions. Now I don't want to carry around extra remotes, or do a aftermarket 3x's lock button system, so I'm looking for some insight on what I can and can't do with the install. One thing I do know is that I can't install the VSS & Remote Start Module and program new original style key fobs with the engine start button, I'd have to use the fobs for the VSS system.

I've read that some Edge models with power lift gate had the remote start built-in and just need an antenna install and activation. Is this possible on the 2015 ?

Would really like to go this way, is there anything I need besides the antenna, two key fobs with engine start button, and having the dealer activate it ?

I can always install the Remote Access System but would like to know what all my options are.

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Okay, I have read every thread on this forum about installing remote start on a 2015 Ford Edge. And I think I am more confused now that before I began. LOL

I have a 2015 Ford Edge Titanium with Intelligent Access, Automatic rear hatch, Push to Start, and want to add a remote start system that uses OEM key fob with the push to start button.

I've logged into fordparts.com and entered my VIN. I see all the different electronic accessories available for my vehicle.

Can someone please elaborate, and tell me which ones I may need?

Zman31 the OP mentioned that some Edge models with powered lift gate already had the remote start. How can I confirm this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have a 2015 Edge Titanium. Looking at the Window Sticker it would appear as though the Intelligent Access feature is standard in the Titanium, however the remote start is part of the Technology Package which includes the Navigation system, blind spot monitoring and auto-dim driver side exterior mirror and remote start. Hope this helps.

"Okay, I have read every thread on this forum about installing remote start on a 2015 Ford Edge. And I think I am more confused now that before I began. LOL"

Right there with you, still trying to figure this out. I just read on another thread about someone doing this on their 2015 sel, trying to confirm that. I've been researching this for about 6 months now and still can't be sure if it's possible on the 2015.

What I understand is that on first generation Edge that if you have perimeter alarm and power lift gate you need to install bi-directional antenna into the network via the tpms module (behind the left rear quarter interior panel) get fobs with the start function, have the dealer active and program the fobs and you're good to go.

Carandtruckremotes.com has the fobs for $90 ea. And you get the bi-directional antenna from Fordparts.com for around $70, dealer labor should be about $100. Puts it at about $350.

The other option is the Ford Remote Access System which can be found on eBay for $300, comes with VSS Module, Cellular Access Module and all necessary hardware and wiring. This is a simple plug-in install and you need to have the dealer active the system and then set up the cellular access, this requires an annual subscription for about $50, but I understand this will also work through your wi-fi network also.

I'll try to link the other post I mentioned here possibly we can finally figure out if we can have the factory remote activated or not.

Edited by Zman31

I installed a Directed 5X10 and Smart Start GPS on my 2016 today. Love it. (6) wires to do remote start (2) wires for security. Service cost is $99.00 yr

Does GPS tracking, Remote Start, Lock/Unlock, Panic, complete vehicle status such as which doors/hood/hatch are open, battery status etc all from cell phone

Uses factory remotes (3X remote start)