Thanks Ford for the Private Cash Offer After The Fact

I just wanted to post a few lines about the $750 Private Cash Offer I recieved in the mail today. Thanks Ford for sending this 3 weeks after we bought a new 2016 Ford Edge. Thanks Ford, for not providing this when I called and spoke to you directly about a previous Private Cash offer we recieved and was misplaced during a recent move about 3 weeks prior to purchasing our new Ford. Finally, Thanks Ford Customer Service for telling me you could not honor the Private cash Offer, and that the dealer would be the one who would have to help submit it...I tried this and the VINCENT system won't allow the dealer to process it.

Sincerly a long time, multiple Ford owner.

• 3 weeks later...

Those private cash orders are tricky and they are linked to your address in the vincent system and cannot be extended by the dealer. They're really meant to get people to the lots and to encourage an "impulse" buy. People that special order can get lucky and get one that's valid when your order is delivered, but besides that, there is not much you can do. I documented my experience with private cash offers here: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/19751-helpful-information-to-buyers-after-placing-your-new-edge-order/?do=findComment&comment=146209

Maybe you can try to play the game I played and you'll get lucky, but I was biting my nails too in the final weeks.

The best way to get one is to request a brochure about 30 days before you plan to purchase. I've done this at least 3 times and gotten a $750 offer all 3 times.

For the MKX I requested one on Friday and got the email notice from Ford about the offer 6 days later, and bought it 2 days after that.

I've also gotten them unsolicited from Ford even when we weren't shopping.

• Like 1