Good deal on Mobil 1

Chipster

Not sure this is the best place to post this, but here it is. I took advantage of this deal last year. I bought 5 qts. @ Walmart and then got a $12.00 rebate. If you use Mobil 1 this is a great deal! Here is the link that gives the details:

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/up-to-15-dollars-off-with-mobil-1-and-mobil-super?WT.tsrc=Email&WT.mc_id=Email_Promo_Retail-Spring-15Dollars_040816&WT.z_placementID=EmailCTA_Article_SpringPromotion

• Like 1

Hey thanks.

Did you actually get your rebate back as Wal Mart is not one of the listed authorized retailers?

Looks like Menards is on the list, believe I'll buy there. The offer is good for up to 10 qts and $24 rebate.

I did buy the Mobile 1 @ Walmart and got the rebate.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to follow up and say that I did get my rebate even though the purchase was through Amazon. Obviously the promotion is over now but if it comes back next year it's worth trying again.

I ended up with 10qts of Mobil 1 full synthetic for just $20! Wow.

That was a good deal. I ended up grabbing some Penzoil Synthetic for $9 per 5 quart jug after rebate (Amazon). If you watch SlickDeals.net on a regular basis you'll see these oil deals pop up once in a while. So stock up then.

I usually grab Mobil 1 from WalMart and it was on sale for $23 last week (5qt jug). Used that to change the oil in my Edge. My Mustang takes 8 quarts so I usually grab 2 for that.

Had to run to Advance Auto to drop off the old oil and did a quick price check. Mobil 1 was on sale there. $36 for a 5 qt. jug. That was their sale price? LOL.

• Like 1

Yeah you pretty much have to buy gift cards to get real $ off on oil at Advance Auto, then buy in store.

Easier for me to just suck it up and head in to Wal Mart. I try to get there early in the morning, grab all my WalMart items (paper towels, household items, etc.) I need to stock up on and get out before the "People of Wal Mart" crowd rolls in.

• 4 weeks later...