Custom Search

Photo
- - - - -

Are you happy with Edge? Would you buy Edge again?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you happy with Edge? Would you buy Edge again? (86 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you happy with Edge? Would you buy Edge again?

1. Yes (69 votes [80.23%])

Percentage of vote: 80.23%

2. No (15 votes [17.44%])

Percentage of vote: 17.44%

3. I had to buy different trim level (2 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 OFFLINE   IWRBB

IWRBB

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 328 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2010

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

Great. I just got over 8-track's. I suppose they'll discontinue cassettes next.

Was at my parents house last week, they still have a nice Technics turntable, a JVC tape deck, and a Sony reel-to-reel machine as well.  His A/V receiver has a phono input as well.  Noting that plays wax though!

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#82 OFFLINE   TheWizard

TheWizard

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 880 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:34 AM

It seems that vinyl is making a comeback.  Maybe Ford will reintroduce the record player they had in Lincolns in the 60s.

#83 OFFLINE   Roland

Roland

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:50 PM

Regrets...not really, but maybe disappointed that it should have been better. My tyres have worn out at 11k miles, I have some other faults too. But the design issues are bugging me most. The Sat nav voice control  only allows a full address (house number, street and town. ) I would prefer to have other more important controls on the 'voice', such as "Demist Front Screen" etc.... although it does answer for the nearest coffer shop... but not the nearest fuel !!!. Ambient light colours are a bit pathetic, only noticeable if I point it out to people. Parcel shelf/torneo(sp) cover is poor. And the hand book looks so cheap, printed on toilet paper. (should I expect more from a £39 000 car?

I like the large space, heated and cooled seats, voice controlled audio. Would I buy another?  I would rather a Landrover Discovery but the Edge is 2/3rds of the price.

#84 OFFLINE   TheWizard

TheWizard

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 880 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:01 PM

Not well documented but if you say "I need gas" the nav system will list nearby gas stations (I don't know if "petrol" works).  Similarly, "I'm hungry" will list restaurants, "I'm thirsty" will list coffee shops, "I'm hurt" will list hospitals, but "I'm bleeding" will list police stations. :doh:

#85 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 3,292 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:51 PM

Ummmm so what about "I'm horny"?
  • TheWizard likes this

#86 OFFLINE   TheWizard

TheWizard

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 880 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

Ummmm so what about "I'm horny"?

I've never tried it... it's my wife's vehicle and not worth the life sentence that would generate.

BTW, I also found that the appropriate profanity (as in "f-o") is the same as cancel.  It happened when I was getting very frustrated trying to get it to respond to voice commands.  Sometimes it seems like I can say "call home" and it will respond "deploying airbags".

Edited by TheWizard, 04 May 2018 - 08:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users