Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

IDS/Scan tool?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Advent

Advent

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:25 PM

I need to reset my fcdim will the 

BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool  you mentioned

and FORscan software for android work to do this...Is this a pass through device is what i am getting at..

Edited by Advent, 16 May 2016 - 05:47 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   wlepse

wlepse

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

To be honest I am not well versed in what this software can do but I would suggest you check out their forum FORScan.org

#23 OFFLINE   goslats

goslats

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2012

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:02 PM

Best afFORDable (cheesey I know) OBDII WIFI for IOS is what I'm spending too much time tracking down .  Need Help!  Thanks!!

#24 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 7,332 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:01 AM

I have used the iCar (V2 I think?) and Veepeak products, and both perform similarly as WiFi OBD adapters.  On iOS expect around 60ms response times.

#25 OFFLINE   GKisaGeek

GKisaGeek

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

Is a specific download needed to program the grid lines back onto the rear view camera display? How do I change just that one setting without affecting anything else? I have Forscan Lite and the Bluetooth ODBSII interface. Thanks!

#26 OFFLINE   tiguanito

tiguanito

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2012

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

I haven't tried my other BT OBDII adapter but this is the one I used so I know it works: http://www.amazon.co...62404440&sr=8-1

I have the same camera issues on my 2012 Edge (lost the lines, etc). I would like to order an OBDII adapter to try to re-activate it and see if it will lose the signal again. I'm still unsure if I need the more expensive OBDII MX ($80) that supports MS-CAN, or a cheap OBDII without MS-CAN can work for that purpose (re-calibrate/activate the camera ) ? 

thank you

#27 OFFLINE   GKisaGeek

GKisaGeek

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:22 PM

For what it's worth, I can confirm that i was able to successfully use the $21 tool in the link above along with the Windows version of Forscan to restore the gridlines, it took less than a minute.  

Good Luck!

#28 OFFLINE   factor99

factor99

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

I believe the camera settings are on the MS-CAN bus.

A cheap ELM 327 can be modified to access that bus, you don't have to have the $80 adapter 

The trick is finding a cheap device that will work properly.  I have one and I am currently wiring in a switch, i will be posting details soon if it works (and later if it doesn't).

#29 OFFLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,427 posts
  • Region:Middle East
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:06 PM

I bought thesame item as this, from the same seller, works fine for HS & MS Can with Forscan. The Camera programme function can also be done.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/281861294247
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#30 OFFLINE   wlepse

wlepse

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:17 AM

That one I linked to on Amazon didn't require any mods to reprogram the camera but I do think I got a message about some sensors it couldn't read. But it did allow me to run the set up in FORSCAN to get the lines back.

#31 OFFLINE   misterhyde

misterhyde

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

I haven't tried my other BT OBDII adapter but this is the one I used so I know it works: http://www.amazon.co...62404440&sr=8-1

Hey wlepse,

I also have this adapter and you have just lead me to the fact that it might work on my 2011 Edge Ltd.  I had the camera replaced a few years ago (less than 1 year after getting it), and it either did not get programmed with the lines and color box warnings, or one of the MFT updates messed it up (??).

So, should I buy/download FORscan Lite for windows and use my BT dongle in my laptop (I use it for headphones on my work desktop), or will the adroid version of FORscan Lite allow me to switch them on?

#32 OFFLINE   GKisaGeek

GKisaGeek

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

FYI, I was unable to perform the update on my Android but it worked like a dream on my laptop w/bluetooth!

#33 OFFLINE   misterhyde

misterhyde

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:31 AM

FYI, I was unable to perform the update on my Android but it worked like a dream on my laptop w/bluetooth!

So you're saying, you connected your laptop to the BAFX using bluetooth, correct?  Now, I was able to connect my android phone FORscan Lite (free) to my BAFX plugged into my 11 Edge last night.  Seemed like it saw everything.  But I saw no options to change settings in the car.

Is this same as you experienced?  Or do you think I need to buy the full version to get that option on Android?

I do have a USB plug in that gives a computer Bluetooth.  So could try that also.

TIA

#34 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 7,332 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:25 AM

Changing settings/programming updates requires an extended license for Forscan, which currently is available for the Windows OS only.  So either a mobile device running Windows or a laptop should work.  I think the license lasts 2 months.

#35 OFFLINE   factor99

factor99

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

I realize I didn't update on my cheap ODB2 adapter.  

Hardware-v1-5-ELM-327-with-Bluetooth-con

It worked on my phone but the Bluetooth was flakey and I couldn't get it to connect at all to a laptop, The switch mod worked for accessing the MS-CAN bus though (but the Bluetooth would cut our before it was finished reading all the data).

I ordered a USB adapter, it connected fine but then Forscan said it doesn't support all commands.

Newly-ELM327-USB-V1-5-Professional-OBD-O

It seems cheap is not a  good approach!

Edited by factor99, 18 April 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#36 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 7,332 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:05 PM

:(  You would think wired would be good, but I guess not!

#37 OFFLINE   factor99

factor99

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

:(  You would think wired would be good, but I guess not!

Yes, I though I was safe getting version 1.5; version 2.1 is apparently quite bad. The issue is that the ELM327 clones are not exact copies of the original. 

This doesn't matter if you are just monitoring i.e Torque, but if you want to change parameters (i.e reset the battery monitor), there are extra features that are needed.

I suspect that mine meets some or maybe most of the extra requirements, but Forscan has set the bar very high, possible for good reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users