2017 Ford Edge Production Information

The order guide is posted over at blueovalforums. The only changes are floor liners and colors and Titanium wheels. I'll post it when I get a chance but here are the details.

EXTERIOR

● New

— 20” Premium Polished Aluminum (64Q) Wheels optional on

Titanium 301A and 302A

● Changed

— Titanium standard wheel changed from 19" Premium Luster

Nickel-Painted Aluminum to 19" Nickel-Painted Aluminum

— Description to remove “Ultra” from Titanium optional wheel;

20” Bright-Machined-Aluminum Wheels with Premium Dark

Stainless-Painted Pockets (64U)

— Front License Plate Bracket (153) has been moved from the

Free Standing Packages & Options (FSO) section on each

Equipment Group page to the Emissions page

● New Colors

— Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat (R3)

— Canyon Ridge (C7)1

— Blue Jeans (N1)11

— White Gold (GN)11

● Deleted Colors

— Bronze Fire Metallic Tinted Clearcoat

— Electric Spice

— Kona Blue

— Too Good to Be Blue

INTERIOR/COMFORT

● New

— Floor Liners, Front and Rear (16W) are optional on all series

PACKAGES

● New

— The Cold Weather Package (55C) has two new features;

Floor Liners, Front and Rear, and Windshield Wiper De-Icer

ha! No fog lights in 2017. Who was saying it was coming with it?

Or did I read this list wrong?

They will be different since the old cold weather package came with the all-weather mats and these liners say new for 2017.

I also noticed the Sport says "deluxe carpeted floor mats". Are these any different from the ones found on all models now? Didn't realize that our current mats were "deluxe" lol

They will be different since the old cold weather package came with the all-weather mats and these liners say new for 2017.

I also noticed the Sport says "deluxe carpeted floor mats". Are these any different from the ones found on all models now? Didn't realize that our current mats were "deluxe" lol

p

Are the "floor liners" the all-weather mats? The old ones were pathetic, but WeatherTech is the way to for good coverage anyway.

I'm curious how this wiper de-icer will work and what they'll charge for the Cold Weather package now?

I think that package is $300-400 on the new Escape. There is supposedly a heating element at the base of the windscreen that heats that part up to keep the blades of the wiper from freezing. I wish the 2016's had it, but that is ok.

Did I miss it or does the guide say nothing about SYNC3 Connect? It just says SYNC3 that I can find.

I'm a bit confused too. It sounds like Android Auto and Car Play are going to be added, but its not ready yet. Maybe it will be officially called "Connect" after a software update for the '17's... and maybe the 16's?

p

I think that package is $300-400 on the new Escape. There is supposedly a heating element at the base of the windscreen that heats that part up to keep the blades of the wiper from freezing. I wish the 2016's had it, but that is ok.

Cool, thanks. Seems worth the extra ~$100, especially if these liners are half decent ?

I'm a bit confused too. It sounds like Android Auto and Car Play are going to be added, but its not ready yet. Maybe it will be officially called "Connect" after a software update for the '17's... and maybe the 16's?

All 17 models will ship with AA/Carplay. That has nothing to do with the "connect" portion of the system. Connect is additional hardware including a TCU and TCU antenna. TCU=Telematics Control Unit (a 4g cell modem) which allows remote start/lock/unlock and vehicle data to be accessed via the FordPass app. Connect is currently only available on a few 17 models but not all. I would have thought late production 17s would be getting it but I guess not.

All 17 models will ship with AA/Carplay. That has nothing to do with the "connect" portion of the system. Connect is additional hardware including a TCU and TCU antenna. TCU=Telematics Control Unit (a 4g cell modem) which allows remote start/lock/unlock and vehicle data to be accessed via the FordPass app. Connect is currently only available on a few 17 models but not all. I would have thought late production 17s would be getting it but I guess not.

Bummer... sounds like a cool feature. Since it's a hardware add-on, I guess we're SOL. I'm guessing the 2018 Edge will get it along with the rumoured minor face lift :cry:

Bummer... sounds like a cool feature. Since it's a hardware add-on, I guess we're SOL. I'm guessing the 2018 Edge will get it along with the rumoured minor face lift :cry:

But you can get similar now with the 2015/2016. In the remote starter forums, someone bought the kit (I think there's a kit and a security kit thingy you need) and then you can use your smartphone to start/unlock the car.

But you can get similar now with the 2015/2016. In the remote starter forums, someone bought the kit (I think there's a kit and a security kit thingy you need) and then you can use your smartphone to start/unlock the car.

Thanks guys. I tried searching and looking, but I can't find this thread. Can you link me?

It's a real bummer Connect this isn't on the 2017 Edge. The accessory link from akirby also says that this accessory is also required and you also need an annual data plan (from Ford?!). This is more confusing than the layout of these fourms :drop:

EDIT: It looks like they sell these 2 part together HERE. Indicates Ford install is required to activate and a $49 annual fee.

Edited by NYT

Remote access is currently $50/yr. What is remote access? This is an add on system that includes the VSS (vehicle security system/

FT4Z-19A361-A) and RMU ( cell receiver/DL3Z-19A390-B ) and when installed and activated allows the owner to control remote start/lock/unlock from a smartphone app or anything with internet access via webpage. Both parts are required even if you have the "perimeter alarm" built into the vehicle. I should add that while I know for a fact the RMU has a GPS in it...the app does NOT allow you to know the location of the vehicle (the FIND function just honks the horn and flashes the lights).

If your vehicle already has remote start this is a plug and play kit except for the activation of the cell modem which must be done by a ford dealer. I believe Levittown Ford is a sponsor here and can get you the kit cheap and activate it over the phone with you. I am not associated with Levittown but have heard good things about them.

I transferred mine from my 16 Explorer to my 16 Edge when I bought it. The Edge wasn't that fun to put in. My arm had lots of scratches from trying to contort itself up to the gateway module where the VSS plugs in-line to. It can be done by the end user but be prepared for the fun of the install, lol.

If you have an Edge without factory remote start this kit can still be added but a dealer needs to physically hook up to your vehicle and enable remote start and the security system.

post-32158-0-79618300-1471716181_thumb.jpg

Edited by jmr061
  • Like 1

I transferred mine from my 16 Explorer to my 16 Edge when I bought it. The Edge wasn't that fun to put in. My arm had lots of scratches from trying to contort itself up to the gateway module where the VSS plugs in-line to. It can be done by the end user but be prepared for the fun of the install, lol.

Thanks for the info. Can you share the instructions you used to install? Or do I just take your advice and get the dealer to do it (since they have to activate it too)?