2010 Ford Edge Sel AWD overheat and auto shut down

Teqheat

My car auto shut down immediately when oil temp came on and won't start. My car in gas station and I am trying figure out how to restart so i can flush the oil out of engine and put in new oil. I think it overheat due to oil sludge. I know important rule of changing out oil every 3 months and not blaming others by my own idiotic. but found starter loose so had to replace wont start and had check computer with computer my friend had said all pass and my friend look under the car and had me to start the car it crank but wont start he said he saw the wheel move where crankshaft is and said crank shaft should be fine but not too sure.

don't know what to do or what i need to check: burn out spark plug or what or if its crank how do i find out.

Do you perform oil changes yourself? Was the oil at FULL last time you checked/had it serviced? Any oil in the coolant (water pump, head gasket, block failures)? If there are any signs of oil in the coolant, the Edge needs to be put in the shop right away for repairs. If coolant looks clean, and there are no leaks from underneath the engine, check oil level, add some fresh oil till it comes up to the full mark before starting the Edge and driving it.

If there is sludge buildup, it should be easily visible through the oil filler hole. You will notice golden yellowing & deposits everywhere.

ok i will check on that coolant. there is no oil leak, or deposit just thick oil like jelly on stick when pull out. don't wanna put in shop due to labor is very expensive and i have friend who can help me fix it just want to see any possiblity to check on before determine to take it to shop.

Edited by Teqheat

no 5w20 oil

well i had bad batteries bad starter and crankshaft is lock as well i put in new starter and got new batter and it still wont start, light came on and try crank but it wont start.

thick oil yeah cream color no it s more of jelly redish black

Edited by Teqheat